CX-5 16 vs. 17 Side Profile Black

Which side profile do you prefer? 17 or 16?

• Total voters
I'm sure it's a nice motor but in my opinion it's too much HP for front wheel drive.

Yea, wheel hop has to be atrocious. I'd have to change out the CV axles to stronger ones, and add a suspension as well immediately, which is a given when I buy/build a car like this anyways...

If sales are up then obviously people like the vehicle as whole.

They aren't here, but only people I see driving CX-5s here are 50-70 year old ladies (sounds like a CRV huh), but I hear ya.

Introducing them right when folks got their phat tax returns probably helped too.

They aren't here, but only people I see driving CX-5s here are 50-70 year old ladies (sounds like a CRV huh), but I hear ya.

Introducing them right when folks got their phat tax returns probably helped too.

Over here is people in there 40's and 50's te seems

Best looking dent on any car I've seen.

Oh I know. Which is why I'm here.

Indeed :)

Interesting results so far. I picked the 17 but now wish I could re-vote to 16 as it'll be a classic the more I think about it. Hard choice as both are nice with slight longer bonnet giving the RWD sporty look compared to the competition. I guess the 16 lines have more character and the 17 has better stance but more plain. Ughh.

Interesting results so far. I picked the 17 but now wish I could re-vote to 16 as it'll be a classic the more I think about it. Hard choice as both are nice with slight longer bonnet giving the RWD sporty look compared to the competition. I guess the 16 lines have more character and the 17 has better stance but more plain. Ughh.

I voted for 17 and still stand by it! (lol)

Agreed. It's the same with anything. With cellphones most people buy a "Galaxy" or an iPhone instead of HTC, or OnePlus when they're just as good. Researching is for sheep... ;)

I had an HTC. Died twice, I think.
I have a Galaxy S4. Got it when they came out. Still works great. No need to get a newer phone at this time.

Which one is which?

All I know is the ass end of mine (2016.5) collects dust and dirt like no other vehicle I've ever owned. That little shelf thing might as well be a table top in a sawdust factory.

I've actually contemplated putting a WRX Vortex generator on top of mine. It looks like it honestly might fit perfectly. If it won't, an exacto knife will make it do so. I've seen enough YouTube videos to note that yes, it does make a difference, and with the amount of turbulence at that point, it may well improve highway mileage. IN fact...*heads over to Amazon.com*

I've actually contemplated putting a WRX Vortex generator on top of mine. It looks like it honestly might fit perfectly. If it won't, an exacto knife will make it do so. I've seen enough YouTube videos to note that yes, it does make a difference, and with the amount of turbulence at that point, it may well improve highway mileage. IN fact...*heads over to Amazon.com*

I-SEE-WHAT-YOU-DID-THERE_HOLYSHIT.jpg

Yea, wheel hop has to be atrocious. I'd have to change out the CV axles to stronger ones, and add a suspension as well immediately, which is a given when I buy/build a car like this anyways...

I dunno. Let's not judge it yet. The Honda Accord V6 6-speed manual doesn't seem to have any issues, and it's an absolute sleeper of a car, trapping well over 100mph in the quarter. Surprises the hell out of people who don't know when it destroys their 99-04 mustang GT, WRX, EVO8, etc. from a roll on the freeway, I bet!

I dunno. Let's not judge it yet. The Honda Accord V6 6-speed manual doesn't seem to have any issues, and it's an absolute sleeper of a car, trapping well over 100mph in the quarter. Surprises the hell out of people who don't know when it destroys their 99-04 mustang GT, WRX, EVO8, etc. from a roll on the freeway, I bet!

I know, my mom has one...

They aren't here, but only people I see driving CX-5s here are 50-70 year old ladies

Hey, I resemble that remark!

And I guess it's not really a dent in the door, as dents go in, This one pokes out, so that makes it what - a protuberance?

j/k about the whole dent thing, I really do like the '16 better, but man is my black one hard to keep clean!

At any rate, the 17 is now the current styling. Some people like it, others prefer the 16. And that is fine :D

Back