Synthetic from the factory?

Strings

:
Mazda CX 5 Touring
Our salesman told us Mazda ships their new cars (2016.5 CX5 w/2.5L) with full synthetic oil.

And I want to believe him ... but this would be a first for me.

Can we confirm this?

I'm a full synthetic believer and would change oil to FS today if dino's in there.

Thanks.

Pretty sure it was confirmed they were shipped with Mazda Moly 0w-20 from the factory, so I'd believe him.

The oil that Mazda uses on the factory fill, is a very high quality synthetic with extra moly. If you go to the BOBISTHEOILGUY, or read reports from BLACKSTONE LABS, the Mazda Synthetic w/moly is one of the best available.

Changing it before the recommended 6 months/5k miles on the initial first oil change is a waste, and has also been debunked by the lab test results and Mazda's own techs and factory racing teams. Leave the factory fill in there until you meet the recommended interval.

Why would you doubt that? You think they'd put dino in it and then tell you to only use syn? And could you imagine the bad publicity if that was discovered? And it would be...

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

0w-20 is the oil put into North American cars. 0w-20 dino doesn't exist, it's only synthetic.

You might see a blend around somewhere, but for the most part it's synthetic. Straight dino doesn't exist.

Last edited:
Why would you doubt that? You think they'd put dino in it and then tell you to only use syn? And could you imagine the bad publicity if that was discovered? And it would be...

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I doubt on occasion - and, occasionally, car salesmen.

They come with the Mazda Moly oil from the factory which is very high quality. Don't need to worry about that.

You may find that if you get your oil changes at the dealer that most of them have switched to using Castrol however, which I've not had a problem with.

Anyway, it has full synthetic because it requires 0W-20.

Last edited:
AFAIK, YOJIN 3 started around early 2016. Hence you don't have to pay or worry about paying and the quality of engine oils because Mazda is suppose to change it for free.

Sent from my ASUS_Z012D using Tapatalk

First oil change is free at my dealer. Thanks.

Well that would work, I guess. I'd just make sure they didn't short me on some type of non-synthetic...
Most dealers use the cheapest bulk oil they can find. My Mazda dealer uses this "Preferred Choice" 0W-20 synthetic oil for "standard" oil change unless you specify Mazda Moly oil and pay $10 extra:

OSIGGNLxmee7MGaAeTzrpIIpNnnH5-IzifeWCM7jY2iTSI6QSDhXsq0Z2CMppQ1Y4WsLVrRXoKOOhQ=w1024-h600-no

Back