Todays visit to Service dept for Rattling seat

I remember reading through the TSB master thread, there is a TSB for a piece in the back of the seat back causing a rattle. On my phone, but check out that thread.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Have been experiencing an annoying noise in the passenger seat when the seat is occupied. Not really a rattle or squeak, more like a noise when two parts rub together. When the seat is empty the car is dead quite. The noise is more apparent when turning left or right into a curve or when coming to a stop. It's pretty loud, you can hear it over the radio. Almost sounds like the seat is moving but my wife says she doesn't feel any movement.

Anyway two techs took the car for a spin and couldn't duplicate. Then the service mgr asked to go for a ride and no noise. Suggested I sit in the passenger seat, again no noise. I am now convinced it's weight related. It happens all the time when my wife sits in the passenger seat. She's about 130lbs. The techs were 200+, the service mgr was 240, I'm 170.
Either I will have to find some weights that are 130lbs or I have to take my wife with me and let the tech ride in the back seat.

Techs checked under the seat and could find nothing wrong.

Anybody got any ideas?

This is the kind of crap that sours the Mazda experience.

A squeak from the passenger seat but only when your wife is sitting there? Maybe the squeak isn't coming from the seat and perhaps the sound is related to your driving? I know that I hear some strange sounds coming from the passenger seat when I do some 'spirited driving', but only when my wife is sitting in the passenger seat...

Last edited:
Get rid of the wife, that should solve the problem.

Harsh. Just suggest that she's getting a little pudgy and should eat less, or that she's getting a little anorexic looking and should eat more. Either would work. As a bonus the OP won't have to worry about the quality of "service" he's getting for a few months at least.

Back