CX-5 dead pedal?

vessel

:
2016.5 CX-5 GT AWD w/i-ActiveSense
Can anyone recommend an easy to install dead pedal for the CX-5? I bought a 2016.5 a few weeks ago, slowly getting it customized how I want and right now the dead pedal is about the last thing I need to figure out. From what I've seen the pedal kit Mazda sells includes a dead pedal but it's not easy to install and seems kind of like overkill. I just want something rubber, durable, and easy to install (I'm fine just gluing it down, assuming that works).

Also, can anyone explain why Mazda failed to include a dead pedal? It seems kind of ridiculous to create the area for one but then to just leave it carpeted like they did.

Also, can anyone explain why Mazda failed to include a dead pedal? It seems kind of ridiculous to create the area for one but then to just leave it carpeted like they did.

To save costs for them and to make you buy one from Mazda. It's a win-win for them.

I just purchased a rubber stair grip from Lowe's, trimmed it to fit, and stuck four pieces of 3m command outdoor velcro to it.

Sent while mobile using Tapatalk

This bit of rubber is off eBay. Stuck at the bottom with tape and Velcro'd to the carpet.

IMG_2521_zpsll2a5iwj.jpg

I'm curious here: what's wrong with just carpet on the dead pedal?

I've put 225k miles on a car with a carpeted dead pedal, and 185k and counting on another, and didn't wear through the carpet on either one.

We had record rainfall here in the Seattle area again. Because of that, I prefer not to have any exposed carpeting in my car if at all possible. I got the all season mats from the dealer and a weathertech trim-to-fit mat for the cargo area at Costco.

Sent while mobile using Tapatalk

I've put 225k miles on a car with a carpeted dead pedal, and 185k and counting on another, and didn't wear through the carpet on either one.
Peer pressure? Everybody else has a cover on dead pedal nowadays. Like floor mats or liners, everybody wants one to cover the carpet at least for easier cleaning.

Watch SavageGeese 2017 review........ at 27 minutes and his biggest complaint of 2017 CX-5 interior is the lack of a 50 cover for dead pedal!

Where there is snow salt etc. - you want a place to put your dirty left foot. Also when listening to songs like "Happy" - need a place to tap my foot.
I dont know how you survived 225 kilometers without it.

I just went to look. My Subaru at 185k DOES have rubber covering about half of the dead pedal surface. My Focus ST at 150k is the one that does not, and it hardly looks worn. The 225k car was a VW.

We average 60-something inches of snow a year here and I hardly ever clean interiors during the winter.

It's just not something I ever really thought about.

For me, I didn’t want to risk wearing the edge off the carpet. It would look a mess, be very expensive to replace and all the seats and trims have to come out. That bit of rubber keeps it looking right. If it doesn’t bother you, crack on ;-)

Dead pedal would've been nice, but i only think it's necessary for cars with a manual transmission.

Wish the CX-5 came with aluminum pedals though.

I bought these from amazon. Easy installation just velcro'd dead pedal and slip on brake and acc pedal and its all aluminum and solid.

best purchase for CX5 '17 and bought for like $40 brand is WANWU
IMG_7903.JPGIMG_7902.JPG
attachment.php

attachment.php

I bought from AMAZON.

Brand is wanwu... but it seems like AT is sold out and only Manual version is available at this time there is only 1 of this
https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

But it seems like SUNDELY should fit the CX5 just fine. Its $10 more than what I paid for but I think its still worth it when the OEM cost $150 for the entire set. plus labor
https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

The wanwu covers are back in stock at Amazon... just ordered a set.

My father has worn holes literally through floorboards. Metal and all. It likely has to do with foot position, movement, and a host of other factors .

Back