New Shoes for my 2015 CX9

RaiderX9

:
CX9 Touring FWD
I searched for a thread on the 2015 CX9 and what tires ya'll recommended I was going to go with the Nitto 421Q but where I was going couldn't get them in so I'm going with a Falken Ziex ZE950. Any thoughts on these? I was able to get them for 595 installed so seemed like a deal compared to some other tires and this will be the first time I'm replacing my OEM tires which I've gotten about 62k on

BTW this is my first post here and just signed up, so any other insight on what I can do to my ride please lmk.

I hope the tire choice works out well, and that sounds like a good deal. I see that you have a FWD so the PTU oil change issue should not be something you need to worry about. I thought all the Touring models were AWD, perhaps that was pre '15 though?

Nitto 421q feedback: I've them on an AWD Kia Sorento and really liked their performance. And they *were* fairly quiet. No longer. At about 6/32nds, maybe 5/32nds, they have gotten really loud. They are wearing even across tread face, and have been rotated. There is no indication of an alignment problem; no scuffing on edges, or anything.

I need to check with the dealer and see if Nitto will do anything.

I just had the dreadful Pennsylvania state inspection and emissions inspection on my 08 and the tires just squeaked by, but they need to be replaced this summer/fall. I'm also eying those Falkens. It will be parked pretty much nearly all winter. Those Falkens just looking at the tread will not be good snow performers, but likely are great at channeling water at high speed which is my #1 priority. RaiderX9, does this tire have a protruded lip near the wheel? I don't think I can get another tire that does not have a protruded lip near the edge of the wheel, they look better and protect wheels from curb rash. Welcome to the FWD club, where we don't have to worry about transfer case failures!

Back