2017 CX-5 roof rails and cross bars

hanggliderboy

:
2017 Mazda CX-5
Hey folks, purchased my 2017 CX-5 from the local dealer the week they first arrived here in late March and overall am very happy with the car. My ONE issue is the roof rails/cross bars. When I bought the car, the salesman helped me "build" it and said that the trailer hitch and roof rails would need to be ordered and installed when the parts come in. Fine, I'll bring it back. So I did, but only the hitch and rails arrived. That was a month ago, and I STILL have no cross bars. There was confusion in the parts department, as this appears to be a new design for 2017 and they couldn't even find a part number for the cross bars. So now, supposedly they are on order, but I have no idea from them when (if ever) I'll get these parts and I'm missing using the roof racks for my spring sporting outings until they arrive. This was OK until last week when I sold my previous car.

Any information from anyone out there as to when Mazda or any accessory house plan to supply cross bars for the new 2017 roof rails? What I have now is totally useless to me without them. Thanks - jw

Have you considered maybe looking to Canada for the missing parts. Apparently a few users here have bought stuff for the 2017 CX-5 cheap from there and they seem to have stock.

You could then cancel your order from your dealer?

At least you got the hitch - still waiting on the hitch / wiring harness to be available here in Canada.

It's still a brand new model. Some stuff will take a little bit to come out.

Have you considered maybe looking to Canada for the missing parts. Apparently a few users here have bought stuff for the 2017 CX-5 cheap from there and they seem to have stock.

You could then cancel your order from your dealer?
Hi Xeler8ing. I'm from the Philippines and I'm expecting some difficulty in purchasing accessories locally, the roof rails and crossbar in particular. Can you share the websites in Canada where I can purchase them?

TIA!

Sent from my ASUS_Z012D using Tapatalk

The OEM Mazda 2017 CX-5 cross-bars (Part Number: 0000-8L-R07) are now available. I just placed an online order for a pair.

My cross bars arrived today, unfortunately my side rail kit was missing parts and, a week later, I am waiting on the missing hardware.

Back