MSP #935 ...a build log.. or a partial.. it's something.

Just received my corksport fmic piping, HKS BOV and Injen intake.

Core should be here soonish with the amp/sub rack! Thanks to Subsparx

Things seem to be escalating quickly... I was going to just install a stock motor I bought off of a member... then AP123 motor came up for sale and a Pope downpipe... so looks like Im buying a built motor and a downpipe to feed my CS 3 exhaust!!

Well after a few talks with my buddy, we might go ahead and put the engine in this weekend... I'm a bit hesitant because I was considering painting the engine bay, to look a bit cleaner first... But I'm driving my truck every day and have almost 27k miles on it already.. it's a 2016.

If I forego the painting, I can be driving the msp in a week or 2.

to be done:

-Swap MSP upper support plate from other motor to built new motor.(motor I got has drilled and tapped/epoxy on the return, no thanks)
-Weld stock turbo manifold crack and install.
- buy and install studs for manifold into head, and turbo/downpipe.
-install 626 intake manifold
-take off old clutch/flywheel and install my new stuff(south bend clutch, fidanza flywheel)
-install transmission onto block
-drop into bay.
-install new clutch slave cylinder, and clutch master cylinder
-bleed brakes and clutch
-oil/coolant/etc.

That much will get the car to be able to turnover. I still am waiting for a new passenger knuckle w/abs sensor hole. I also was considering ordering the brand new mazda fuel pump basket w/upgraded fuel pump from Sam. I also need a wideband and gauge mount. I would LOVE to have one of the mounts that was behind the steering wheel... I think Focus made them a while back? idk. Basically that's all, and it'll be good to go. I will be doing brand new bearings all around shortly.

We will see what happens. I am in the middle of doing remodeling in my house too, so i can't be away too long. I estimate that amount of stuff can be done in about 5 hours or less.

I haven't updated this in quite sometime, and to the dismay of Philip, still no pictures. But alas, here's the news, if i haven't said it before, this car is going to be for sale. I'm putting it together as stock and out the door it goes.

I find it funny how my guesstimates are so off.. By Christmas? lmao, who was i kidding. Either way there will be a new build, for the car I'm actually going to be driving and keeping. Msp 1145.

Latest posts

Back