MSP #935 ...a build log.. or a partial.. it's something.

Dpwhitehead1

Damian
Contributor
:
MSP 1145
Hey everyone. I've been around for quite a while. Many of you know my Championship White protege LX and it's many different setups and builds...

So here we are with Mazdaspeed #935. Picked it up for pretty damn cheap, drove to Ohio to grab it and bring it home. It's been sitting for a little over a year at this point while I worked on my house and other cars.

Overall it's in OK shape. There's a few nicks and dings and dents that I'll have to address, but first I want to drive it. It's missing a mess of pieces, which I've also spent much time trying to acquire. Through a few sources on the forums, I've gotten to a point where I'm comfortable starting to work on it.

Mods so far-
81mm Corksport exhaust/Titanium wing- CTB2024
MSP brakes/stainless lines/Russell Speed Bleeders-Shootz
2-03.5 Front Lips/ Misc parts & bolts/P5 Headlight harness- Jperera
MSP Engine w/ Turbo parts-socjdqcer
Wiper stalk/Tribute Nozzles- hornsfan10609
Fidanza flywheel-flipmode815
CS FMIC/ intake/BOV-Subsparx
Retro p5 headlights-Hank3
Transmission w/ LSD & GTX 5th- Shootz

I have to add 323 in here too, since he's hooked me up with some parts.. also we've been bouncing ideas and daily life back and forth. It's nice getting to know new people!

So far I've only installed the brakes and 3/4 of the exhaust. I'll reserve a few places to update w/ pics.(toetap)

Last edited:
Here's a start Philip, thus making your text only comment null and void!!!

These aren't the greatest pics, but here's something:

You can barely spot the Corksport exhaust, but it's there.

Morimoto retro P5 headlight kit with thin HID ballasts

I like this idea, I HATE that the stock fuel pump screws are Phillips head and strip always. My solution is some m4 .7 by 10mm hex head bolts with washers. Home Depot has them.

Last edited:
This weekend I started working on something I had been thinking about for quite a while, semi-permanent Hydra Motorsports SAP fix kit.

Basically drilling holes in both the body, bumper and SAP fix kit and the riveting them on.

Here's the engine I got from here supposedly running before.

Last edited:
More of the engine "tear down"

The coolant looks trash, one of the studs wouldn't come out so I broke it off, planned to get ARP hardware anyways. Gonna send the turbo off to get checked out. There was a mess of sludge all over the outside of the engine, also I shot it with degreaser and brake clean. Unsure of the actual health of the motor which is pretty disheartening.

Last edited:
Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes, finally, this is what I've been waiting for!!!

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Yeah that's you!! You've been around forever and I read all your old stuff on here back when I was first starting off.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

I spent some time this weekend working on the white car, I HAVE to get it out of my garage so I can dedicate more time to the msp. Anyways, I mounted the headlights, and ran the relay harness.

I'm thinking about my engine bay and I kind of want to paint it before the engine goes in. I also really want to paint the engine block/head/transmission black, just like penguin. He did an excellent job.

Back