Members with YellowSpeed coilovers, I need pics!

dorkidori_s13

:
2003 Mazda Protege5
So I might be taking on YellowSpeed as a potential sponsor. They are interested in having their coilovers on my car, however, before I pull the trigger I would like to see some pictures from actual members on how low their coils go in the rear (or just all around period). Currently Im running Godspeed MonoSS coilovers and I am not happy with the lack of drop I can get out of the rears without the damper hitting my ebrake cable bracket area thingy! So any clean shots would be much appreciated! YellowSpeed is willing to work with me on setting up some sort of custom rear damper as well to allow for more drop if required. I wonder if I can get them to do some rear camber plates as well. They are open to the idea of possibly making some custom sets of coils for production that we come up with for my car... but thats only if we can get all the bugs worked out IF they need to be worked out!

Anywho, please post away... Im excited to see some nicely dropped P5s!

20160929_173529_zpseawdytai.jpg

I'm a tad lower than this top pic now. Tucking rim in the back. But I still had to address the ebrake brackets and space them out. All the way down to when the shock body hits the bracket is like this:

076_zpsqyaltktf.jpg

oh hell, thats perfect!!! WAY better than my Godspeeds!!! ill have my 17" Advans soon so that will work out perfectly!

curious, what did you do about your sway bar in the rear? AWR brackets? that annoying as hell "clunk" needs to be addressed in my car when i swap over to the YellowSpeeds!

Well, I have a progress bar, and my setup is pretty unorthodox. The bar doesn't even attach to the struts, it attaches to brackets I made on my lateral links. I dunno what you'd do to fit an rb bar, because they're different.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

well ive got a RacingBeat front and rear sway bar sitting at work that need to be installed. AWR makes brackets for the sway bars that position them higher to get rid of the interference sooooo Im planning on picking those up soon-ish ;)

20160929_173529_zpseawdytai.jpg

I'm a tad lower than this top pic now. Tucking rim in the back. But I still had to address the ebrake brackets and space them out. All the way down to when the shock body hits the bracket is like this:

076_zpsqyaltktf.jpg
Jesus Christmas Jackie u have the best looking p5 in the world

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk

@Jacki Chan that sits so nice and looks so clean.

Curious what others have done regarding the Ebrake bracket issue?

im curious what you did regarding the annoying rear sway bar issue in the P5. i was planning on getting some AWR brackets that positions the sway bar higher in the rear.

You talking to me?

And thanks Blue!

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

yessir! what did you do about the sway bar issue in the rear with it hitting the lateral links after dropping your car? my swap bar sits like 1/4" above the links and actually makes contact under cornering. im still running OE sway bar links as well.

Last edited:
Whoops, sorry for the delay. You may be able to get away with just having shorter adjustable endlinks. My progress bar, in order for it to be level with the ground, and to jive with my super lowness (which makes the lateral links start to point upward) had to be below the lateral links, which makes attaching an endlink to the coilover impossible. I made some brackets off the rear lateral links for some tiny custom end links to attach to. King6fab makes actual swaybar attachments for megan and other aftermarket rear lateral links if thats a route you wanna go. I will probably pick some up sometime, but for now my setup is solid.

details and pics on my setup are on pages 3&4 of my build thread.

Whoops, sorry for the delay. You may be able to get away with just having shorter adjustable endlinks. My progress bar, in order for it to be level with the ground, and to jive with my super lowness (which makes the lateral links start to point upward) had to be below the lateral links, which makes attaching an endlink to the coilover impossible. I made some brackets off the rear lateral links for some tiny custom end links to attach to. King6fab makes actual swaybar attachments for megan and other aftermarket rear lateral links if thats a route you wanna go. I will probably pick some up sometime, but for now my setup is solid.

details and pics on my setup are on pages 3&4 of my build thread.

can you take a pic of your sway bar setup?

Btw, I ordered the very first set of custom "DorkiDori Edition Super Low" coilovers from Yellowspeed for my P5... they should be here in two weeks. front AND rear camber plates and 20mm shorter dampers. these things should satiate anyones need for slamming their P5. they are also supposed to send me a set of their standard P5 coilovers so i can get side by side and on vehicle product shots. i will post photos and what not when they arrive. BOTH sets of dampers will be available via my website soon! but yeah, super excited to get these on the car!!! :D

Last edited:
Back