Compare auto reliability with reliable results at TrueDelta.com!

Compare auto reliability with reliable results at TrueDelta.com!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Members with YellowSpeed coilovers, I need pics!

Living the wagon life...

2003 Mazda Protege5

im curious what you did regarding the annoying rear sway bar issue in the P5. i was planning on getting some AWR brackets that positions the sway bar higher in the rear.

My 2003 Protege5 5spd aka "Battlewagon" build thread... CLICK HERE

Pro5

Quote Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
    im curious what you did regarding the annoying rear sway bar issue in the P5. i was planning on getting some AWR brackets that positions the sway bar higher in the rear.
    You talking to me?

And thanks Blue!

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Living the wagon life...

2003 Mazda Protege5

Quote Originally Posted by Jackie chan View Post
    You talking to me?

And thanks Blue!

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
    yessir! what did you do about the sway bar issue in the rear with it hitting the lateral links after dropping your car? my swap bar sits like 1/4" above the links and actually makes contact under cornering. im still running OE sway bar links as well.
    Last edited by dorkidori_s13; 06-07-2017 at 02:23 AM.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Pro5

Whoops, sorry for the delay. You may be able to get away with just having shorter adjustable endlinks. My progress bar, in order for it to be level with the ground, and to jive with my super lowness (which makes the lateral links start to point upward) had to be below the lateral links, which makes attaching an endlink to the coilover impossible. I made some brackets off the rear lateral links for some tiny custom end links to attach to. King6fab makes actual swaybar attachments for megan and other aftermarket rear lateral links if thats a route you wanna go. I will probably pick some up sometime, but for now my setup is solid.

details and pics on my setup are on pages 3&4 of my build thread.

Living the wagon life...

2003 Mazda Protege5

Quote Originally Posted by Jackie chan View Post
    Whoops, sorry for the delay. You may be able to get away with just having shorter adjustable endlinks. My progress bar, in order for it to be level with the ground, and to jive with my super lowness (which makes the lateral links start to point upward) had to be below the lateral links, which makes attaching an endlink to the coilover impossible. I made some brackets off the rear lateral links for some tiny custom end links to attach to. King6fab makes actual swaybar attachments for megan and other aftermarket rear lateral links if thats a route you wanna go. I will probably pick some up sometime, but for now my setup is solid.

details and pics on my setup are on pages 3&4 of my build thread.
    can you take a pic of your sway bar setup?

Btw, I ordered the very first set of custom "DorkiDori Edition Super Low" coilovers from Yellowspeed for my P5... they should be here in two weeks. front AND rear camber plates and 20mm shorter dampers. these things should satiate anyones need for slamming their P5. they are also supposed to send me a set of their standard P5 coilovers so i can get side by side and on vehicle product shots. i will post photos and what not when they arrive. BOTH sets of dampers will be available via my website soon! but yeah, super excited to get these on the car!!!
    Last edited by dorkidori_s13; 07-14-2017 at 04:59 PM.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Living the wagon life...

2003 Mazda Protege5

sooooooooooo in regards to the YellowSpeeds. the super low versions will be available AFTER i receive my initial set of standard P5 YellowSpeeds with camber plates. the reason being is the owner of YS US and I need to provide the factory with a detailed report of a few things that has to include photos of exactly what needs to be modified as well as a few exact points. the order has been changed over to a standard set of YS coils for my car with upgraded rear camber plates as of today. i will be documenting a lot of different aspects of the coilovers including photos with measurements and comparisons to the current Godspeed coils on the car.

Living the wagon life...

2003 Mazda Protege5

had a little something show up in the mail today

LOTS more pics coming soon!

Living the wagon life...

2003 Mazda Protege5

Yellowspeed coilovers + ebay adjustable front sway bar links + brand new OE rear sway bar links installed and dialed in... Overall I am VERY impressed with Yellowspeeds coilovers!!! They are a night and day difference in terms of ride quality, build quality, valving and height adjustment versus the Godspeeds I had previously had in the car! If you would like a set, please let me know! The rears arent even at full low... got another 1 1/2 before they touch the rear ebrake bracket!

Living the wagon life...

2003 Mazda Protege5

a few pics after the install... after driving on these for 2 days, I am VERY impressed! coilovers are quiet, valving actually matches the spring rates and are night and day to the Godspeeds i previously had! i will have the standard YellowSpeeds for sale (camber plates front & pillow balls in rear) for $935 shipped in 48 states on here and Facebook forums via my website very soon! Need to pay for vendor status on here first!

Last edited by dorkidori_s13; 08-14-2017 at 03:44 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12