Any decent 2.5t mileage reports yet?

What 4T's have you had experience with? (Other than the Dodge)

Not counting inline 5t's and turbo diesels.. several Chrysler powered cars and VW's.

If a Mazda5 or Mazda6 were offered with a 2.5t and a manual trans... I'd have a hard time not getting one or both.

What about you? What have you had??

This is my first turbo that I've owned. One close friend had a 2010 Passat turbo and then later 2014 Mercedes turbo diesel. No issues for him.
People still whine (pun intended) about turbos, but I think that's due to bad experiences from the 90's and 00's. It's appears the tech have comes a ways, as well as the reliability.

Agree 4t's are great, reason for my user name! The CX9 replaced our family's last remaining non 4t vehicle. We have five of various ages.

I don't know what it is about 6's but I've never had any luck with MPG driving them. IMO may as well have a v8 if you're going that route. Modern v8's are nothing like the old ones. From friends I've spoken with, their v8's net about the same MPG as my 6's. I've driven a flat6 an inline6 a v6.. all disappointing mileage for what they were.

Look at the new Atlas from VW.. Big 3row and what did they decide to offer it with.. a 4t. And I'll bet you it will haul plenty well enough with it. A lot of people gripe about Mazda's sticking solely with fours, but I'm all about that.

I agree; modern V8 is better than V6; many shut off cylinders at cruising speeds, so mileage is not that different from a 6. Plus you get the V8 roar and power.

That said, very impressed with the 4T performance of the CX-9.

I get 28-29mpg with 95% highway with 50 miles roundtrip commute. My previous suv was Ford Explorer and only got 22mpg... I'm happy. :)

Twenty eight

Just got back from a mostly highway trip and the computer showed 28. Was not restraining myself to 65mph either..

I live in a very busy city where traffic is terrible. considering this I'm averaging around 15l/100km. which is high to what is claimed , but I come from a Hyundai santa fe with a v6 engine that averaged 18.6 on the same route, so I guess this one is doing much better considering the traffic.

I get 20.6 long-term, mostly due to lead foot.
I get around 25.5 on long highway trips, again lead footing it.
Best trip was 27.4, mostly leisurely driving on long country back roads with no stops.

I get 20.6 long-term, mostly due to lead foot.
I get around 25.5 on long highway trips, again lead footing it.
Best trip was 27.4, mostly leisurely driving on long country back roads with no stops.

Similar here 20.5 lifetime, but that is 9/10ths city stop and go. Which btw I'm satisfied with, its like 20% better than what I'm coming from.

Back