2016 CX-9 driver seat comfort

Not as ergonimically designed and cushioning is on the firm side vs my prev Volvo which had one of the best seats in the industry...Volvo's seats were designed by orthopedic surgeons so hopefully Mazda can learn from that

Yes, I would be interested to know if anyone knows if there is a way to upgrade the 2016 driver's seat to 2018 model with tiltable base. I wouldn't want to spend $4300 to replace to whole seat assembly. I don't think it is justifiable.

Will this upgrade makes your driver's bottom seat tiltable?

The assembly in the 2018's do tilt. It seems you would have to buy the whole thing.

If the only option is $4300 and you feel tilt is critical to your comfort, It would probably make sense to just upgrade and trade in for a 2018 or wait a little but for a 2019. While you would take a financial hit, you'd be getting numerous upgrades instead of wasting all that money to replace an otherwise working seat.

The assembly in the 2018's do tilt. It seems you would have to buy the whole thing.

If the only option is $4300 and you feel tilt is critical to your comfort, It would probably make sense to just upgrade and trade in for a 2018 or wait a little but for a 2019. While you would take a financial hit, you'd be getting numerous upgrades instead of wasting all that money to replace an otherwise working seat.

Yes, you are right. It is not worth it to replace the seat if I were to replace the whole assembly which cost over $4k. I would rather trade in my car for a 2018 or 2019.

I have the 2015 GT version and I can say after 2 back surgeries, these are the most comfortable seats I have ever had in a vehicle. First time in 10 years I have not needed some supplemental back support in a car seat. Everyone is different.

Back