2017 DRL/signal light emulation

Studum, to each his/her own. If you like it, great! There's no right or wrong here, just opinions of how the 2017's DRL lighting should work.

Managed to do the process myself at home. Not too hard. Now I just have to figure out which wire is the drl only and hook it up to acc.

Managed to do the process myself at home. Not too hard. Now I just have to figure out which wire is the drl only and hook it up to acc.

Does the owners manual point you in the right direction re wiring (scratch)

interesting......Sequential Switchback DRL Flexible LED Headlight

DRL's are white ,

during turns the DRL's turn yellow and look like flowing water and very visible for opposite traffic to see at intersections,

pretty cool looking , I bet Audi will be the first to use these for OEM's

At least this one holds it fully illuminated for a while. Current ones on Audi's & Lexus' don't hold it at all.

I am so happy I found this thread...
I was wondering why the middle LED and LED low beam would BOTH
be on during day time while my headlight stalk is on OFF ...

I am a lil concern about LED low beams being on all the time
but I heard LED lights can last like 10 years under normal operations ?
I typically don't drive my car more than 2 hours a day ...

so I burn 730 hours of life off the low beam yearly if I were to keep driving
on average 2 hours a day.

I am hoping LED low beams last up to 10,000 hours

(rei)

Last edited:

(rei)

Because they act as DRL's

I have a question about the headlights and low vs. high beams. In the morning when I'm driving through the parking garage at work, the car senses that I am in a darker environment and turns on the headlamps on low beams (I have the headlight switch in the Auto position). This is all good and fine, but when I pull into a parking space, put the shifter in park and shut off the car, the headlights switch on the high beams. I believe I have the setting for headlamps to stay on for 15 seconds after the car is shut off, so the high beams are not on for long, but this tends to blind anyone that has pulled into or is parked in the space directly in front of me. Is this normal behavior or is there a setting I should change somewhere? Anyone else experienced this?

I have a question about the headlights and low vs. high beams. In the morning when I'm driving through the parking garage at work, the car senses that I am in a darker environment and turns on the headlamps on low beams (I have the headlight switch in the Auto position). This is all good and fine, but when I pull into a parking space, put the shifter in park and shut off the car, the headlights switch on the high beams. I believe I have the setting for headlamps to stay on for 15 seconds after the car is shut off, so the high beams are not on for long, but this tends to blind anyone that has pulled into or is parked in the space directly in front of me. Is this normal behavior or is there a setting I should change somewhere? Anyone else experienced this?

Make sure your stalk is not pushed forward to the high beam on position.

But the high-beam position is the position when the Auto High Beam function is at work⋯

Right, I think that might be why the high comes on when he shuts off the car. I'll have to play around with mine to see if it does the same.

(rei)
It's hard to tell how long your LED headlights can last when they also serve as DRLs now. But based on the history of those LED DRLs on 2016 CX-5, it doesn't look too good.

Daytime running lights dim/flickering

It's the leaving home light function that's doing this. Only difference is instead of using low beams, it's using high beam because your stalk is set to this.

Back