2017 CX-5 Premium Floor Liners

joe6864

Contributor
:
2017 CX-5 GT w/Tech Pkg
In case anyone is interested in them, here are pics of the new 2017 CX-5 Premium Floor Liners I picked up today. I've heard they're not available in USA but I got them at mazdashop.ca and they ship to USA for those interested.

yFByQ3s.jpg

dFgaXMG.jpg

LAIadWq.jpg

After throughly examining the photos at the Mazda Shop website, it appears to me that these are Mazda branded MaxPider 3D mats. After doing a lot of research I had already decided that the MaxPider 3D mats were the ones I wanted to purchase for my 2017, but as you are all aware they are unavailable at this time. I pulled the trigger and ordered these for front and back, along with a cargo area liner. I’m estimating that I may have saved $50-$70 if I waited until MaxPider version (without the logos) was available...but quite honestly I want my investment protected more than I want to save the extra cash...and the logos are kinda cool. The free shipping sealed the deal. Price for front, rear and a cargo liner came to $320 USD. I can’t for the life of me understand why these wouldn’t be offered for sale in the USA.

I can confirm that's exactly what they are, just without the branding stamped in. Many manufacturers here in Canada use them as a supplied and if you're OK without the branding the Maxpider mats can be had cheaper.

Source: Me. I have the Mazda OEM in the front of my 3 (bought second hand) and the maxpider in the rear. Also had Maxpider in the previous car, and unless I get second hand OEM for the '17 (highly unlikely) will be ordering the Maxpider's for the CX-5 when available as well. Tend to get full set for only a little more $ than the fronts only that way.

Interesting about the original brand of these mats... after checking it out it's definitely that brand.

Now the big question for me... do I wait for winter to put these in or leave them in all year. What's the consensus here, does anyone leave these in all year round?

Now the big question for me... do I wait for winter to put these in or leave them in all year. What's the consensus here, does anyone leave these in all year round?

I leave mine (Weathertech)in year round since outside of winter snow there is exposure to mud and dirt the rest of the year with my mixed surface vehicle use.

I plan to leave them in all the time. Why wouldn't you?

The soft feel of the carpet is nice :)
And the look of stock floor mats is still probably nicer than these premium mats... still deciding though!

The soft feel of the carpet is nice :)
And the look of stock floor mats is still probably nicer than these premium mats... still deciding though!

I agree the carpet mats are nice but a pain to clean with a vacuum when the muck is ground into the fibres!

That's why I am look at the rubber ones

Personally, I never understood why any automotive flooring was carpeted. Though I never owned one, I admired the Honda Element's rubberized flooring which literally allowed the vehicle to be hosed out. IMHO that is a much better option in nearly all cases. I realize this is not the general feeling, otherwise all interiors would be rubber.

This morning I emailed U Ace (the manufacturer of 3D MAXpider floor liners) to inquire if they were the manufacturers of the Mazda branded premium floor liners. There response is appended below along with the item number for the 3D MAXpider liners for the 2017 CX-5. I called to follow up to make absolutely sure these mats will fit in the 2017, and they assured me "1000 %" they would despite the fact that it appears Amazon has not updated their system yet. Fortunately, I was able to cancel my previous order and saved $70...but now I won't have the cool embossed Mazda logos on my floor liners.

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us!

The item in the link is not our product. However, we do have 2017 Mazda CX-5 floor liners available.

The link below is for a full set in kagu (rubber) black on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

The item# is L1MZ05801509 (MAZDA CX-5 2017 KAGU BLACK R1 R2).

Please let me know if I can help you with anything else!

Personally, I never understood why any automotive flooring was carpeted. Though I never owned one, I admired the Honda Element's rubberized flooring which literally allowed the vehicle to be hosed out. IMHO that is a much better option in nearly all cases. I realize this is not the general feeling, otherwise all interiors would be rubber.

It's carpeted to help reduce NVH.

Respectfully, The MAXPider mats have a sound insulating layer below the rubber. Im sure the same can be done on the regular car flooring.

Back