2017 cx5 Bose package infotainment issues

Reedman99

:
Mazda CX5 touring 2017
Mazda dudes,

I'm having the oddest issues happen with my Bluetooth connectivity. It's a 2017 cx5 Bose package info center. The unit takes a long time to register my Bluetooth phone. Long time being 1:30 or more. Coming from another car that corrected in seconds, it seems odd a newer car takes longer.
Second: if I make a call while connected by Bluetooth it registers that my phone is making a call, but it never makes sound through the speakers or completes the call connection. it displays it's calling, it displays my contact, but after about 30-45 seconds it drops the call on my phone and then stays stuck on the call screen on the infotainment screen. It will then show Bluetooth disconnected on the screen, but my phone still shows its connected to the car. This then locks up my screen for another delay and I can't restart the Bluetooth connection. I can receive calls on Bluetooth, but cant make them.

I can't figure it out. The delay is one thing, but the inability to use the hands free feature seems pretty shady.

Anyone else having difficulty?

I have not had any issues with the Bluetooth conbectivity. I have a samsung galaxy s7 edge running stock Android 7.0 nougat. Have you tried any other devices? Have you tried a reset of the infotainment system?

Sent while mobile using Tapatalk

Unpair your phone from MZD (Mazda Connect), delete the profile and try again

Definitely not normal. Reset and then repair phone to system. If no better schedule a service appointment.

Definitely not normal. Reset and then repair phone to system. If no better schedule a service appointment.
All they will do in the beginning is either reset mzd or upgrade firmware

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Bluetooth is a finicky technology. First step, reboot your phone. Every week or so, I'll run into a connection issue with a car. A reboot usually solves.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

as others stated try deleting the phone from your ITS, then reboot the phone & re-sync...if no luck still do a factory reset on the ITS and try again, I had a similar issue on my '16.5 and this resolved it

What everyone else said. Re-pair the phone and the car. If that doesn't solve it then i'd factory reset your phone before taking it in for service. I'm using a OnePlus 3 7.1.1 and no issues. My Girlfriend has an HTC10 unlocked also 7.1 (i think) and hers works great with her 2015 Mazda 3. My co-worker also has a 10 with his '06 MZ3 and no issues.

Usually mzd is fine but on occasion it acts up

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

It could be the car, or could be your phone.

Try another phone in the car, see if it's any better.

Try your phone in another car at the dealer, see if the issue is replicated.

That should help narrow it down.

Thanks for the follow up, team. It still has a few issues with making a call while on Bluetooth. I have to unpair, then pair to make it work. It's a pain for sure.

Thanks for the follow up, team. It still has a few issues with making a call while on Bluetooth. I have to unpair, then pair to make it work. It's a pain for sure.

What operating system is your phone?

You could try having your local Mazda dealer update your Mazda Connect system. My 2017 CX-5 came with 59.00.446, but there was a newer version of 59 released this past week. It should be 59.00.5XX. It may be worth a shot if this is still happening to you.

So many variables to isolate - could be the phone hardware, phone OS, phone software running under the OS, or an issue with the infotainment. Most people don't have issues with the infotainment so I'd look at phone first. I'd hard reset phone, unpair/repair connection and then make sure all phone software is up to date.

So many variables to isolate - could be the phone hardware, phone OS, phone software running under the OS, or an issue with the infotainment. Most people don't have issues with the infotainment so I'd look at phone first. I'd hard reset phone, unpair/repair connection and then make sure all phone software is up to date.

Agreed. Process of elimination to isolate the issue

So like others I was having trouble with bluetooth connectivity since I picked up my 2017 GT premium last Saturday. Basically, what I was encountering was an issue where the infotainment center would lose the ability to connect to the bluetooth on my phone every single time the car was shut off and then turned back on. Sometimes, I would even lose connectivity while it was already connected! So every time I turned the car back on, I would go to my bluetooth settings on the phone, manually try to connect to the "mazda" / infotainment device, and after 3-4 tries would finally friggin connect. Sometimes, it wouldn't connect at all, and I'd juggle between selecting the mazda bluetooth device on my phone and connecting from the infotainment center to the phone, repeatedly without success. I'd have to over and OVER again, unpair all my devices in the infotainment center, then reconnect to the phone all over again. This was frustrating as hell. Not only this, if I did get the bluetooth to connect, I couldn't get meta data to transfer to the infotainment system and had to use my phone to control everything music wise with spotify and other apps... no using the joystick and other awesome infotainment controls.

Yesterday, I sat in my garage for over an hour trying to nail down what was happening. I'm on Android with a google Pixel (HTC hardware).

I downloaded 2 apps, Android Auto and A2DP (a bluetooth device switcher). What I discovered, at least in my case, was that I could not depend on the phone or the car to just pair up automatically IF I had previously been connected to another bluetooth device. No matter what app I tried, like Android Auto and other bluetooth apps, I could not get it to automatically select and prefer the mazda bluetooth profile once it was available. So with the A2DP switcher app, I essentially select on purpose the bluetooth profile, in this case Mazda once I start the car.

At this point, I don't have to press anything, Android auto takes over my phone and makes a perfect connection every time with the infotainment system, with all meta data and other information intact. Not sure if this will help anyone really since most Android users here are probably using android auto, but purposefully switching from one bluetooth device to another made a difference for me. It's not just about selecting a new bluetooth device in your phone settings, because I've seen it try to maintain connection with more than one bluetooth device before, or linger between disconnecting and trying to connect to another device. Using A2DP to make a forceful switch, works for me.

Back