What Maintenance Services Should I do that are NOT Listed in the Manual?

:
2019 CX-5 Touring
I just bought a 2014 Touring CX-5 (and LOVE it so far!) and I know with my previous car, there were many maintenance services forum users recommended but that were not part of the maintenance schedule, E.G. transmission fluid, PCV valve. With longevity (hopefully 200K miles) in mind, what are the unlisted maintenance services you do or think I should do over the life of the vehicle?

Edit to add details:
Car has 65,000 miles, is FWD and I won't be doing any towing. I have frequent drives of under 5 miles one way and mostly do city driving with once a month road trips. Because of this, I plan on 5K oil changes using Mazda Moly. I live in SLC, UT so we get 100 degree days in the summer and a very large amount of road salt and snow in the winter.

Last edited:
More information needed, like how many miles on the engine, AWD or not, will you be towing etc. Ed

65,000 miles, FWD, no towing. frequent drives of under 5 miles one way, mostly city driving with once a month road trips. Because of this, I plan on 5K oil changes using Mazda Moly. Live in SLC, UT so we get 100 degree days in the summer and a very large amount of road salt in the winter. I also should clarify, I'm looking for suggestions of maintenance services over the life of the vehicle, not just things that should be done now.

Make sure you rotate the tires when you do the oil changes. That's a good time to also lube the caliper slider pins.

Transmission service. Caliper Slide Pins. Sealant and Wax (varies depending on location and product).

I just finished compounding, polishing, sealing and waxing! I was disappointed in the looks of the sealant though (DG111). It didn't make much of a difference but the compound and polish make it look pretty amazing by themselves. Because of the salt in the winter, I chose a durable sealant and because of the harsh sun in the summer, I'm topping with Optimum Car Wax since it has UV inhibitors in it.

Back