PDR or Collision Shop?

⋯ W/re: to collision work, one question - if the dent is pulled up, does it still require the same amount of bondo work and paint work?
Traditional body repairs more or less need bondo to fill up the unevenness of the sheet metal. The crappy way to do your type of damage is to fill up the entire dent with bondo; or drill a hole pulling the dent up then fill the hole and unevenness with bondo; or the better way is find a way suck the dent up, or more commonly open the door panel push the dent out then bondo the area. Of course one may replace the whole door with new body panel and repaint the whole door and no bondo is required.

Keep in mind most reputable body shops won't just paint the repaired area, but they would paint more surrounding area on the same side to a cut-off line for "blend-in" effect as no aftermarket paint job can match the factory paint 100%!

Traditional body repairs more or less need bondo to fill up the unevenness of the sheet metal. The crappy way to do your type of damage is to fill up the entire dent with bondo; or drill a hole pulling the dent up then fill the hole and unevenness with bondo; or the better way is find a way suck the dent up, or more commonly open the door panel push the dent out then bondo the area. Of course one may replace the whole door with new body panel and repaint the whole door and no bondo is required.

Keep in mind most reputable body shops won't just paint the repaired area, but they would paint more surrounding area on the same side to a cut-off line for "blend-in" effect as no aftermarket paint job can match the factory paint 100%!

Agreed. I had a huge dent in my A4 that went up through the cutline on the rear driver side. It looked like someone had backed into my car. The Audi dealer insisted it needed to go to the bodyshop to be corrected. I found a PDR guy that took all of it out with no bondo or repainting. It looks perfect now.

Agreed. I had a huge dent in my A4 that went up through the cutline on the rear driver side. It looked like someone had backed into my car. The Audi dealer insisted it needed to go to the bodyshop to be corrected. I found a PDR guy that took all of it out with no bondo or repainting. It looks perfect now.

Fully fixed? No distortion, wave, or ripple? Funny thing about mine is that I see it, but it isn't as apparent as when snapping a pic on my phone.

Back