Weird/loose steering

Received my new knuckle from Panama City Mazda yesterday @ 7:28 PM, dropped it off @ NAPA w/my new Beck/Arnley
wheel bearing & seal around 9 AM, got it back & started reassembly around 10:30, done by noon.

During my test drive, my new (to me) Racing Beat rear sway & AXR clunk kit started making noises. Poked my head under
there and the sway bar had managed to flip itself forward. Back up on the jack stands, removed the P5 links & flipped the
bar back around. Installed the longer MPS/Mazdaspeed links I'd already bought & put it all back together.

Back out for another test drive in a few...

Received my new knuckle from Panama City Mazda yesterday @ 7:28 PM, dropped it off @ NAPA w/my new Beck/Arnley
wheel bearing & seal around 9 AM, got it back & started reassembly around 10:30, done by noon.

During my test drive, my new (to me) Racing Beat rear sway & AXR clunk kit started making noises. Poked my head under
there and the sway bar had managed to flip itself forward. Back up on the jack stands, removed the P5 links & flipped the
bar back around. Installed the longer MPS/Mazdaspeed links I'd already bought & put it all back together.

Back out for another test drive in a few...

Good s***!!!

SC:derty_rabbit IG: derty_rabbit add me up

... And the sway bar had managed to flip itself forward. Back up on the jack stands, removed the P5 links & flipped the
bar back around....

That's weird... I didn't know that could happen...
Did you have your car airborne or something ???

That's weird... I didn't know that could happen...
Did you have your car airborne or something ???

I've read about others having this issue with regular sedan links so it wasn't a complete surprise, but I thought P5 links were long enough that it couldn't happen.

The only thing I can figure is that with the Eibach springs, the reduced ride height combined with a large bump allowed it to come over the top. The MSP links are just
a little bit longer and hopefully have eliminated that problem. They look weird when it's up on the jack stands because the arms of the sway bar point down at about a
45 degree angle, but when it's back on the ground they are just about level. Took a drive across town after changing out the links and it's fine so far.

If anything else funky happens I'll update again.

Hopefully the final MSP rear bar related issue - a couple of days after installing the MSP rear links,
a new rattly noise appeared. When I got it up on the stands and popped the left rear wheel, this is
what I found:

IMG_4107_zpsal5x3vki.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Because of how/where it failed, I'm fairly certain that the damage happened when the bar inverted,
but I didn't notice when I changed the links. Probably a hairline crack that I didn't see.

Anyway, this was the final motivator I needed to tear out the rear interior panels and install my
rear Tokico Blues. So far everything is happy - I got a new link to replace this one because of the
torn rubber boot, I'll tackle that later today. I bought them from Amazon, Febest brand. German
brand but made in China (GRRRR). Quality seems to be good but no grease fittings like the Moogs.

tlott01

Back