People seem to like the car....

A wiseman said design is effectively free so when you are resource strapped it's a good area to focus on to differentiate your product from the herd. They've done a nice job with their product line inside and out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Very true and that is what Mazda are doing

You can use that product when the paint isn't perfectly dry?
Yes! What I normally do is squeegee/blow off 90% of the water then finish off with Meguiar's Synthetic Xpress Wax and a microfiber towel or two. Really awesome results...and hopefully will extend indefinitely the time till the next traditional waxing is required.

Last edited:
Yes! What I normally do is squeegee/blow off 90% of the water then finish off with Meguiar's Synthetic Xpress Wax and a microfiber towel or two. Really awesome results...and hopefully will extend indefinitely the time till the next traditional waxing is required.

Thanks - based on the use of the word indefinitely, do you think conventional waxing might not ever need to applied?

Thanks - based on the use of the word indefinitely, do you think conventional waxing might not ever need to applied?

I don’t really know. I got the car on 4/12/17. It was raining that day so on 4/13/17 I washed the car and gave it a coat of NuFinish paste. On 4/14/17 I gave it a second coat of NuFinish Paste.. Since then I’ve washed the car 3 times, each time using the Xpress Spray Wax as described. Water beading is excellent and the paint feels buttery smooth. I imagine as the car ages I will become somewhat less attentive but it seems to me if I wash it at least twice a month, and use the Xpress Spray wax, in theory that ought to be enough right? MY GF has a 1998 Rav4 that I used to own, and still do oil changes on. The finish is in poor shape, but last time I changed the oil I washed the car and applied the Xpress wax in the same manor I described...and it does a surprisingly good job of beading water so obviously its protecting whats left of the paint. I think that over next winter I will be forced to use a car wash for salt removal in freezing weather. That may ultimately have a debilitating effect on the paint that will require correction by traditional compound/wax/polish to bring it back to where it is now...assuming I still care that much. I guess time will tell....

I don’t really know. I got the car on 4/12/17. It was raining that day so on 4/13/17 I washed the car and gave it a coat of NuFinish paste. On 4/14/17 I gave it a second coat of NuFinish Paste.. Since then I’ve washed the car 3 times, each time using the Xpress Spray Wax as described. Water beading is excellent and the paint feels buttery smooth. I imagine as the car ages I will become somewhat less attentive but it seems to me if I wash it at least twice a month, and use the Xpress Spray wax, in theory that ought to be enough right? MY GF has a 1998 Rav4 that I used to own, and still do oil changes on. The finish is in poor shape, but last time I changed the oil I washed the car and applied the Xpress wax in the same manor I described...and it does a surprisingly good job of beading water so obviously its protecting whats left of the paint. I think that over next winter I will be forced to use a car wash for salt removal in freezing weather. That may ultimately have a debilitating effect on the paint that will require correction by traditional compound/wax/polish to bring it back to where it is now...assuming I still care that much. I guess time will tell....

Thanks for the explanation. I think we both need a small scratch or two so we can stop fawning over the fabulous new paint finish and get on with our lives! Does look damned good right now thou....

I think we both need a small scratch or two so we can stop fawning over the fabulous new paint finish and get on with our lives! Does look damned good right now thou....

Though I know its inevitable....I’m dreading it!!!! I thought long an hard about buying Soul Red Crystal. Looks awesome but will most definitely require some work to keep it that way...so it was sort of a commitment. Eventually it will wane...but not THIS summer!!!!

Roman: I drive a BMW X3 and am jealous of the styling / interior of the new CX-5.

Before checking out the Mazda, I did see a review of the X-1 and thought about how nice that would be, although unattainable price-wise for the package I'd probably want. Seeing the 2017 CX-5 in person did not leave me wanting though, I think the styling legitimately holds up to BMW and Audi.

Back