Trying new set of tires: Nexen N'Fera RU5 tires (18-inch)

SashaPave

:
08 CX-9
I've had 2 sets of Nitto NT850 CUV+ on my 08 CX-9 Touring (18" wheels) and I'm bummed they discontinued the tire.

I just installed a set of Nexen N'Fera RU5 tires based on some other reviews. So far I like them, about 1,000 miles driven so far.

- The Nexens are quieter than the Nittos, we'll see how this holds up as they wear.
- Wet grip is very similar, can't tell a difference.
- The cornering is a bit less precise compared to the Nittos, they feel softer and a bit more vague.
- Can't tell any difference braking.

I'm happy with them so far. I paid $513 (final price) delivered to a tire installer, and another $60 for mount/balance. I used tirebuyer.com.

They look good on the car. Slightly taller profile which is good for the awful urban streets where I live (Oakland CA).

8959764987934.jpg

I have had Nexen all seasons and winters in the past and they have been excellent. Korean made and is like one of the underdog brands. They are as good as Kumhos at a lower price point.

I wonder if the cornering issue is related to the new tread being that much higher than the tires you replaced. I know that on new treads tires do have more 'wiggle' in them and that as they wear a bit that goes away. Funny how new tires can affect the handling in that way.

Back