Second engine or coilovers?

:
83 RX-7 Gsl, 2000 Mazda Protege LX, 2011 Mazda3 Sport i
Should I go the path of getting a set of coilovers or a second engine to start modifying? I really intend to follow pretty close to Jackie Chan's p5 build!

I daily mine for work but I was thinking coilovers too! But I can find a new engine for $500

If you plan to go turbo you should build a second engine with forged internals. If you plan to stay N/A look for an FSZE.

Ya I'm already set on my parts list for the turbo build and internals. I just don't know if I should be trying to get the engine for like $500 or save ~$1000 on coilovers

You can find an engine for $500, but you'll put it 3 times that to build it. Parts are not that cheap for our cars since almost no one makes them anymore, and not many companies made them to begin with. So basically: long painful upgrade-get the engine, quick easy upgrade-go for the coilovers.

Found a msp engine for $250 that my buddy and I are gonna split the cost

I feel so loved! Haha, sounds like you know where you're going. 250s a great price. Hopefully it's all useable. And an msp motor is a great place to start, having that mbsp eliminates a lot of headache. Think about doing the docb/signature oil system. It'll save money in the long run.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

I feel so loved! Haha, sounds like you know where you're going. 250s a great price. Hopefully it's all useable. And an msp motor is a great place to start, having that mbsp eliminates a lot of headache. Think about doing the docb/signature oil system. It'll save money in the long run.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Much love ❤️

Alright well after another bad night delivering pizzas in Corona!
79d0bbd9f00585aeb19c48f096964517.jpg

I get a ton of wheel hop due to the stock everything so I plan on getting BC Coilovers asap!! But still gonna get that engine hopefully!

Back