Want to buy Headers!

:
2002 Protege5
I'm looking for a 4-2-1 header for my 2002 Protege5. I know they made them at one point but i'm almost positive they have stopped. The best option i have i would think is the OBX 4-1 header on ebay for about $250. If anybody has any headers I am interested in buying. Especially a 4-2-1 header. Thanks a bunch!!

PS: Do ALL of the headers hit the damn oil pan?! (bang)

I will be looking for the post right after I post this but I read just yesterday that there isn't a huge difference in the 4-2-1 vs the 4-1 if you aren't planning on making too much power

I will be looking for the post right after I post this but I read just yesterday that there isn't a huge difference in the 4-2-1 vs the 4-1 if you aren't planning on making too much power

Well I've heard 4-1 gives more top end while the 4-2-1 gives more low to mid range power

With more power the difference would be more noticeable but if you plan on only doing the vtcs and the MP3 ecu with headers then I'm pretty sure the 4-1 would do you fine

By the sounds of it you would need to find some autoexe headers for the 4-2-1 unless you can find a used one from AWR or Genie Header

By the sounds of it you would need to find some autoexe headers for the 4-2-1 unless you can find a used one from AWR or Genie Header

i just realized the 4-2-1 header will delete both cats. im not about to do that lol. Anyways, does anybody have a decent pair of used 4-1 headers i can grab for a good price??

i just realized the 4-2-1 header will delete both cats. im not about to do that lol. Anyways, does anybody have a decent pair of used 4-1 headers i can grab for a good price??

Huh? Any header will delete the pre cat but no header should delete both, 4-1 or 4-2-1. The main cat is located well behind the engine, no header should reach that far back to impede the installation of a cat.

Edit. Actually I think there was someone (pope?) a while back that made a header that could keep both. Useless as far as a performance increase, but looked better than the stock header

Last edited:
Huh? Any header will delete the pre cat but no header should delete both, 4-1 or 4-2-1. The main cat is located well behind the engine, no header should reach that far back to impede the installation of a cat.

Oh okay. I knew the 4-1 would delete the pre cat but i read somewhere that it would delete both, maybe it was a custom one.

Autoexe made the original 4-2-1, good luck finding one of those, it's on my wish list too. Only way now is to import from Japan. AWR has a 4-2-l. I found one about a year ago from a diff company but I can't remember the name and I don't have the link available atm.

Wagner made a 'short' header that retained the stock cat. The power difference between a 4-1 and a 4-2-1 on a stock engine will not be noticeable at all. An OBX should work and fit just fine.

Wagner made a 'short' header that retained the stock cat. The power difference between a 4-1 and a 4-2-1 on a stock engine will not be noticeable at all. An OBX should work and fit just fine.

Yeah ive heard of these. The only purpose i think of those is for looks.

I might try ebay headers again, before my egr nut got welded onto the nipple going into the stock manifold. I went to the junk yard the other day and grabbed a new egr pipe.

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk

Wild cat is an Australian company just like pacemaker. Not the Chinese ones that you're thinking of. These are pretty good quality

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good to know, I wonder if they ship to the US? Would be great to be able to buy a decent inexpensive 4-2-1 without scavenging for an Autoexe

Back