2017 CX-5 Cargo Cover - Instructions Wanted

You actually can store it under the luggage board
fc26dbd18901d0624103b83cde29f63e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

This more than likely applies to countries that don't offer a spare tyre.

This more than likely applies to countries that don't offer a spare tyre.
Is that possible? I mean I know spare tires are mandatory in all countries.
Yes, many new vehicles sold in many countries, such as Japan and most European countries, don't offer a spare tire. They supply a can of Fix-A-Flat tire inflator/sealant instead! Luckily we do get a true spare here in the US, although it's only a mini-spare.

Is that possible? I mean I know spare tires are mandatory in all countries.

Sent from my ASUS_Z012D using Tapatalk
Yes. AFAIK the original GJ Mazda 6 didn't come with one but added it later on

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Yes, many new vehicles sold in many countries, such as Japan and most European countries, don't offer a spare tire. They supply a can of Fix-A-Flat tire inflator/sealant instead! Luckily we do get a true spare here in the US, although it's only a mini-spare.

Yes. AFAIK the original GJ Mazda 6 didn't come with one but added it later on

Got it. Thanks for those info. Never knew that. [emoji1]

No problem (thumb)
I passed by a Mazda sales demo inside a mall with the CX5 demo. You are right. I opened the "lid" and with the reserve wheels, there's no way we can fit the canopy case or cover assy-tonneau (whatever [emoji12]).

Last edited:
I passed by a Mazda sales demo inside a mall with the CX5 demo. You are right. I opened the "lid" and with the reserve wheels, there's no way we can fit the canopy case.

Just have to sort of keep it in the cargo bay or push comes to shove on the back seat

Probably a dumb question, but does the cargo cover for the 2016 look basically the same? I mean does it lift up with the hatch, or is it stationary. I've tried to find pictures of it, but no luck. And I'd really like to order one! If anyone has a 2016 and has the cover, could you post of picture of it with the hatch open?

Thanks muchly!

Probably a dumb question, but does the cargo cover for the 2016 look basically the same? I mean does it lift up with the hatch, or is it stationary. I've tried to find pictures of it, but no luck. And I'd really like to order one! If anyone has a 2016 and has the cover, could you post of picture of it with the hatch open?

Thanks muchly!

Here you go. It is a 2014 model but 2016 is the pretty much the same:

6a00d83451b3c669e20192abf07076970d-800wi.jpg

2013 ~ 2016.5 CX-5 Cargo Cover

Thanks muchly!

mazda-cx5-rear-cover.jpg

The part number for OEM 2016 Cargo Cover is KD33-V1-350. You can get it at Mazdashop.ca for $148.11. You can also get many aftermarket ones which're a lot cheaper with different quality and may not have see-through mesh when pulled.

Last edited:
mazda-cx5-rear-cover.jpg

The part number for OEM 2016 Cargo Cover is KD33-V1-350. You can get it at Mazdashop.ca for $148.11. You can also get many aftermarket ones which're a lot cheaper with different quality and may not have see-through mesh when pulled.

Thanks yrwei52! I noticed though on the Mazda.com site where they sell it under accessories, there is an 'a' at the end of that part number. Trying to figure out if there are any differences. They are selling for 199.00 on Mazda.com. Amazon sells both part numbers (OEM), with the 'a' and without. Claiming they are OEM parts.

Wondering if there is any difference, and if the 'a' part is an upgrade. (dunno)

Thanks yrwei52! I noticed though on the Mazda.com site where they sell it under accessories, there is an 'a' at the end of that part number. Trying to figure out if there are any differences. They are selling for 199.00 on Mazda.com. Amazon sells both part numbers (OEM), with the 'a' and without. Claiming they are OEM parts.

Wondering if there is any difference, and if the 'a' part is an upgrade. (dunno)
Perhaps send a query email about it?

2013 ~ 2016.5 CX-5 Cargo Cover

I personally would get the KD33-V1-350A as it seems the newer version only if the price is the same. But many people had got older KD33-V1-350 cargo cover and there's no issues at all. And it's entirely possible those sellers actually have KD33-V1-350A in stock but didn't bother to change the ads. If you have concern, like Xeler8ing suggested, contact the sellers and verify what do they actually have.

Exactly that.

Installation of these have been pretty much the same since the 1990s...

One side has spring pressure and compresses. Push that side in first, compressing the shaft, and slipping the oppose side into the notch.

This should give you an idea. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBqePybIMn8
It's about 95% the same with all car manufacturers for 20+ years.

After you do it, you will ask yourself, "seriously, it's that simple?"

Back