2017 CX-5 Cargo Cover - Instructions Wanted

:
Toronto, ON Canada
:
2017 CX-5 GT
2017-cx5-soulred-cargo-cover-btv-cx5-accessories.jpg

Anyone have the installations for the 2017 Mazda CX-5 Cargo Cover (Part # KB7W-V1-350)?

Wanted to see what was involved with the installation.

Also, does anyone have this accessory and know if part of the cover is see through mesh like material when it is connected to the door when opened? From the attached pic, you can see the headrest.

I ordered mine last week and am expecting it on Tuesday. I'll answer your questions then

2017-cx5-soulred-cargo-cover-btv-cx5-accessories.jpg

Anyone have the installations for the 2017 Mazda CX-5 Cargo Cover (Part # KB7W-V1-350)?

Wanted to see what was involved with the installation.

Also, does anyone have this accessory and know if part of the cover is see through mesh like material when it is connected to the door when opened? From the attached pic, you can see the headrest.

Should be very similar to these instructions:

https://sep.yimg.com/ty/cdn/yhst-24809172479195/cx5cargocover.pdf

Thanks fbwazoomzoom and Xeler8ing.

In the accessories section on the Mazda Canada website, it states installation is required. The instructions Xeler8ing provides doesn't seem to look like anything has to be done but the 2016 could be different than the 2017.

Will wait for fbwazoonzoom to confirm.

Thanks fbwazoomzoom and Xeler8ing.

In the accessories section on the Mazda Canada website, it states installation is required. The instructions Xeler8ing provides doesn't seem to look like anything has to be done but the 2016 could be different than the 2017.

Will wait for fbwazoonzoom to confirm.
No problem.

AFAIK it should be as simple as clicking into the relevant slots. Shouldn't require any drilling of holes etc

Sent from my SM-T805Y using Tapatalk

No problem.

AFAIK it should be as simple as clicking into the relevant slots. Shouldn't require any drilling of holes etc

Yeah, it's altogether trivial and I'm not much of a mechanic...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I received my from www.mazdashop.ca the other day. The directions above are the same for it, it's just shaped different. It took 30 seconds to install...

hbaxeric, can you confirm that part of it is mesh like so when you open the rear hatch, you can see through into the cabin of the car?

hbaxeric, can you confirm that part of it is mesh like so when you open the rear hatch, you can see through into the cabin of the car?

387952a17471bdc850e27062601e714b.jpg

Here's a foto of the cover. As you raise the lift gate, the cover extends revealing a mess material.

Yeah, it's altogether trivial and I'm not much of a mechanic...

Thanks for confirming 😀. Should help lots of owners who get it

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Here's a foto of the cover. As you raise the lift gate, the cover extends revealing a mess material.

Thank-you Jon.NY for the pic and confirmation.

That's a really good design so you can either see in or out of the cabin area.

Also helps on a windy day to help air pass and not flap the cover around pulling on the tabs holding it to the hatch.

Thank-you Jon.NY for the pic and confirmation.

That's a really good design so you can either see in or out of the cabin area.

Also helps on a windy day to help air pass and not flap the cover around pulling on the tabs holding it to the hatch.

No problem Sonic. It's a nicely thought out design. Pretty much set it and forget it plus visibility into the cabin. Surprising it isn't being implemented by other manufacturers.

I'd say it feels a touch less robust than the cover on my old ML550 but since it won't be retracted / removed on a regular basis, I don't perceive this to be a real issue and likely saves a pound or two.

Does mazdashop.ca have the bestprice for these atm?

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

I got the same deal as Jon.NY... from what I've seen perusing some of the other Mazda parts dealers it seems to be the cheapest. And it actually shipped USPS from Niagara Falls, US, so it doesn't end up sitting in customs for a week.

I got the same deal as Jon.NY... from what I've seen perusing some of the other Mazda parts dealers it seems to be the cheapest. And it actually shipped USPS from Niagara Falls, US, so it doesn't end up sitting in customs for a week.

Likewise. I didn't do an exhaustive search but it was the cheapest I found. It'll possibly get cheaper as more dealers start carrying the 2017 accessory line.

Likewise. I didn't do an exhaustive search but it was the cheapest I found. It'll possibly get cheaper as more dealers start carrying the 2017 accessory line.

This is indeed correct. Most accessories and parts for a newly released model won't go that far down in price straight away.

This is indeed correct. Most accessories and parts for a newly released model won't go that far down in price straight away.
Make sense, in that case, I'll go grab it from the site then. Thanks guys.

Make sense, in that case, I'll go grab it from the site then. Thanks guys.

No worries and hope you get it at a good price [emoji3]

2017 CX-5 Cargo Cover

Does mazdashop.ca have the bestprice for these atm?
$163.58 at MazdaShop.ca for a genuine 2017 Mazda CX-5 cargo cover with free shipping and no sales tax that should be an excellent deal for US customers! A genuine 2016 Mazda CX-5 cargo cover at Amazon still sells for $149.89, and I paid $160 two years ago. Of course they're many after-market cargo covers available now for 1st-gen CX-5 selling for under $100!

After further research, the MSRP for 2017 Mazda CX-5 retractable cargo cover, p/n KB7W-V1-350, is $181.88 USD in Canada and $249.95 in the US! That's why most US sellers sell the same cargo cover for about $200, and our sponsor has none in stock! Go get those 2017 CX-5 accessaries with unbelievable low prices from this Canadian seller while we still can from US! :)

Lucky we get the cover as standard feature otherwise I am sure it would cost alot more here than in Canada or USA!

Back