Mazda Accessory - Security system missing parts... 000-8F-C04

LostinCanada

:
2003 Mazda Protege5
Hey All...

I'm having some issues with my security system and wonder if anyone has either the owners manual 000-8F-C12 and/or this system installed on a parts car. I have the installation instructions thanks to a scanned/posted copy from another P5 enthusiast and from these I have gleaned that I may be missing the override button. Not a big deal until the key fob fails and then the system cuts the ignition... :( Recently I noticed a small angle bracket hanging down and was trying to figure out what it was. I suffered a knee injury a while back so getting in and out of my car (and managing the clutch) has been interesting - I think I may have kicked/dislodged the bracket and part of the button somehow.

As well, the led on the steering column is on all the time - it no longer flashes when the system is armed. I'm pretty sure there would be some corresponding information for this condition in the owners manual. A key to troubleshooting the malfunction.

This is a long shot I know, but Mazda has discontinued this part so hopefully one of you can help?

I have the factory alarm and shock sensor that I added after buying the car. Let me dig thru my stuff and see if I can find the manual. Not a case of whether I kept it or not, case of locating it. The override button is usually under the dash near left knee? Damn, I haven't even thought about that in forever, lemme find it and I'll let you know..........

Last edited:
Thanks @i12drivemyMP5! I got the squeal again yesterday when shutting the key off when the engine was running so clearly it isn't a fluke noise.

If you find it and wouldn't mind scanning/emailing it please let me know by pm and I'll give you my email address. Even more awesome if you're able to include a picture of your override button and hopefully the bracket/location installed? I realize it's a pain in the butt to crawl under there! I'm still having issues with this knee so it would be awesome to know exactly what I'm looking for before attempting this mission.

Replacing igniter in gas oven kept me from the car. Lemme try again after work today. I know, since adding my alarm after the fact that it does plug n play into the harness and can be removed/unplugged to bypass it if having trouble. Also know the keyless entry is separate and will still lock/unlock doors normally without the alarm.

the override button should be a little black push button with gray heat shrink behind it. if you look around down there with a flashlight you should be able to see it, though it may help to remove the lower dash panel below the steering wheel for ease. it may be mounted to the kick panel above the fuse box cover. If the LED is on solid then it should indicate that the system is in valet mode.

but if you can't find it, follow the wiring harness that looks "added on" from the back of the ignition switch and you should be able to locate the control module. it's a black box with "MAZDA vehicle security system" on a large sticker on the side of it. once you locate the module, the gray heat shrink leading to the valet/override button is about 10 inches down the main harness. if you busted it off, the button may be gone. it's just a basic momentary push button though, so touching the 2 wires together will do the same thing as pressing the button.

i've dug through the archives but only can find the kits going back to 2006.

@i12drivemyMP5 any luck finding that manual? I would be very grateful if you are able to locate it! Yes, I realize keyless entry works fine, however I'd like to fix whatever is wrong with the alarm system.

@pb4ugotobed yes my LED is on all the time plus I randomly get this weird chirping noise when I shut down. How does one get into and out of the "valet" mode?

I will try and find a way to crawl under there with a flashlight however with this knee injury this may be somewhat problematic. I really hope someone has a copy of the applicable manual!

Thanks!

Not yet. I have several boxes packed with stuff that evidentally are buried in the rack or attic. Haven't given up, it's just life happening all around me.....................

if i remember correctly, it should be turn ignition on, tap the valet button, then turn the ignition back off. the led should turn off and normal alarm function is restored.

Should be able to feel around for it installed in a bracket along bottom of dash under steering wheel. Just a little round button very easy to push. Little bit smaller than pencil eraser.

Still haven't found the alarm manual. I found a lot of stuff but the car folder with all the mod instructions and manuals and such isn't among it. Got more places, still looking.........

Interested in info on the alarm system as well. After a long stint at the mechanics, with some electrical bugs worked out, and the Blue led no longer lights up when the system is armed, or at all.

Back