Jazzy's BJII SP20

Did Canada get this cluster with the ambient temp display?

Nope,... That's not Canadian...

We have both km/hr and m/hr on our speedo and no ambient temperature gauge.

My car is a 2002 (built Sept. 2001)....
I remember seeing a 2003 for sale and it had a different cluster (I forget how it was different,... )

Last edited:
What are city lights??

Yes, ambient temp sensor is for climate control. I have also seen ambient temp displayed on the tacho gauge on some P5 models, possibly Euro or Canada model, not sure. See below video.

Would love one of these clusters. Anyone have info on where this cluster was available? Being in Km/h I was thinking somewhere in Europe. Did Canada get this cluster with the ambient temp display?

It's from a euro car and I think the 02 and 03 models are different to the 01 models. I think the go by J48. Ive seen the clusters on eBay from England too.

I had to laugh when I saw this video and I remembered how slow the sp20 is stock haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I remember seeing a 2003 for sale and it had a different cluster (I forget how it was different,... )

This is what I was thinking of...
It has a gear indicator on the left.... Probably only for an auto tranny...

I have one of those clusters with the second display. It sort of works in a US car but several things don't work or light up incorrectly. The second display is also a trip computer that figures mileage (mine does miles/liter I think). There is also an INFO button on the dash to index the display. I think I could make it work with a wiring diagram for this cluster but have searched and searched with no luck. Every diagram link points back to the US diagram we all know about.

Great car by the way!!

Thanks bryan95502. Yeah, been doing some research and I think I'll stick with what I have. I think I also will run into similar issues with the Euro cluster.

This is what I was thinking of...
It has a gear indicator on the left.... Probably only for an auto tranny...

This is sportronic cluster. The top is gear indicator and when in manual mode the bottom has a gear number in it.

Modified taillights to dual tail/brake lights.

DSC_0588.jpg

Installed projector reverse lights. Excuse the bad quality phone photo.

DSC_0603.jpg

Very happy with these changes! Tail/brake lights are now very noticeable at night, and the reverse lights are very (very) bright! (rockon)

The city lights are little 194 bulbs that are inside the high beam reflector. The US cars didn't get them.

Latest additions, a '06-'07 Subaru STi poly lip, and Lamin-X Gunsmoke fog covers.

With the lip, I wanted to make sure it was installed with no air gaps or ripples - and as flat/straight as possible. After seeing many pic's of this lip installed on many other cars very badly, I was worried that it would turn out just as bad. But I persisted - and with a heat gun, 28 x M6 countersunk load spreading washers, and over two days, I got the lip flat, no air gaps and with no ripples!

DSC_0495_-_Copy.jpg

DSC_0496_-_Copy.jpg

Lamin-X 'Gunsmoke' tinted fog covers.
DSC_0494_-_Copy.jpg

No air gaps between lip and front bar anywhere!!
DSC_0493_-_Copy.jpg

DSC_0491_-_Copy.jpg

Both ends of the lip have been capped and sealed off after trimming to size.
DSC_0492_-_Copy.jpg

And that's just about it for now as far as mod's are concerned. This car was done up on a very tight budget, and the bank balance needs a little time to recover. Next plan is to get some aftermarket wheels, 17x7's, as close to stock offset (ET50) as possible. Also wanting to do a custom mod (side skirt extensions). But they're going to have to wait for a bit. I turn 18 and get my licence in a few months. Cannot wait to hit the road and enjoy driving this baby around!

Some pic's of how it is as of now. Excuse the quality of the pic's, taken with my phone.

DSC_0498_-_Copy.jpg

DSC_0499_-_Copy.jpg

DSC_0507_-_Copy.jpg

DSC_0486_-_Copy.jpg

The weather was great today so took the opportunity for some pic's of the beast...

DSC_0555.jpg

DSC_0566.jpg

DSC_0568.jpg

DSC_0567.jpg

DSC_0570.jpg

DSC_0575.jpg

Car looks great man, it is in amazing condition. For the wheels I would recommend doing a more flush offset, the stock wheels are sunk into the wheel wells pretty far. About a 40+ offset would look good and shouldn't rub with 215/45s and a fender roll in the rear.

Back