Canada - 2016.5/2017 Mazda CX-5 OTD Price?

I used the info from Unhaggle on the RFD boards and was able to get a 2017 GT Soul Red for $1,700 under MSRP yesterday. They couldn't go any lower than that, but did kick in an extra $500 to the value we initially set for the trade-in. Having the power of knowing the invoice price and the residual value made it very easy. I sent my parameters to (4) different dealers, and went with the one I felt most comfortable with.

So finally got my 2017 CX-5 GS in Machine Gray for Invoice price + $300, picking up the car this Saturday. Initially I didn't think emailing the dealers for a price quote will work because most of them replied with the standard "we can't quote anything other than MSRP" but eventually I did get an offer of invoice price + $500. Took that to the dealer where we test drove the car and asked them if they could beat it. They said 'sure' and offered invoice + $300 which we accepted. Was a really smooth and painless experience, no haggling and no time wasted other than a few emails. Very happy with the process.

Back