Value of 19" wheels

So if they're so amazing why do you need tirerack to get a better price?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Or you could just click BUY, wait a week and go get your tires put on.

Even the week isn't needed. Ordered tires from tirebuyer.com at 7pm and had them at my installer the very next morning at 10am. Top service and saved a couple hundred bucks. I stay far far away from Discount Tire/National Tire and Battery

Just got 2017 cx 5 GT and hate the 19inh wheels having them all chromed by Detroit wheels next week love the car but not the wheels.

So if they're so amazing why do you need tirerack to get a better price?

Because some people are willing to just pay what they ask. They'd be foolish not to take those people's money.

Because some people are willing to just pay what they ask. They'd be foolish not to take those people's money.
Missing my point. Tirerack already gives you a great price. Why not support them instead of this other company that is supposedly so great...except for those prices?!?

you might find that your best price for tires is your local small town garage. I have one in town and the guy is honest, reasonably priced, and does great work. Like many of the garages he sells Cooper tires. If you need tires you get Cooper. I sat down and explained that I don't want anyone else working on my car but I don't want cooper and asked if he could order tires for me. He handed me his wholesaler catalog with prices and said if it is in there I can get it and it will cost you my price plus X for profit mounting, and balancing. X is the same number for cheep tires or premium tires. As a result he beats any price, local, or on line and I get work I trust from a local guy. If you have a good shop it might be worth asking.

I do have a great local family owned Indy that I did buy tires from direct last time.

If you want 17" tires on a car that is made with 19", then go out and buy 17" rims and tires.

Also, learn how to check the date of manufacture of those tires. Many local places can't rotate out their inventory quickly enough like the big internet sites like tirerack.com. I stopped purchasing in my local tire stores for that reason. Tire rack seems to be able to really sell tires within months of manufacture. If you don't know how to read the date in the brake side of the tire, google it. Just a suggestion.

Also, learn how to check the date of manufacture of those tires. Many local places can't rotate out their inventory quickly enough like the big internet sites like tirerack.com. I stopped purchasing in my local tire stores for that reason. Tire rack seems to be able to really sell tires within months of manufacture. If you don't know how to read the date in the brake side of the tire, google it. Just a suggestion.

My shop keeps no stock at all. It all comes from a big city wholesaler after I order it. I do check the date but it has never been an issue.

Buy the 17" oem wheels as an extra and sell the 19" privately on eBay or equivalent.

Missing my point. Tirerack already gives you a great price. Why not support them instead of this other company that is supposedly so great...except for those prices?!?

Because mail order tires are less convenient, especially if I later have a problem with them.

Just got 2017 cx 5 GT and hate the 19inh wheels having them all chromed by Detroit wheels next week love the car but not the wheels.

Any pics you can share, I am contemplating this and I have the same color as you.

+1 going to a local tire shop. The one we frequent is family owned and they treat everyone like family. You can go back anytime there's an issue and they will diagnosis, rotate, and just make it right. Tire racks delivery charge can be expensive and for us going with our local shop eliminates that fee entirely.

Wow, tough forum, Shaendra. I personally think the 17" wheels look great, but I wouldn't want to trade the more expensive rims for the lesser ones due to resale or lease-end value. And I personally don't find the ride with the 19" wheels harsh at all. The rubber on the tires is still pretty thick. Makes my A4 tires look like ribbons in comparison.

The tire price of the 19's is slightly higher because not many vehicles come with 19" wheels. I think our BMW x5 in 2001 was one of the first with 19" wheels and they were very expensive and we only had 2 choices of tires. If you are going from 19's to 17's because of the price you are pinching pennies. The dealer will not give you any money for your 19's. Just drive on the 19's and when you wear out the tires switch to a 60 series tire if you want a more cushy ride.

Wow, tough forum, Shaendra. I personally think the 17" wheels look great, but I wouldn't want to trade the more expensive rims for the lesser ones due to resale or lease-end value. And I personally don't find the ride with the 19" wheels harsh at all. The rubber on the tires is still pretty thick. Makes my A4 tires look like ribbons in comparison.
Ribbons, lol. 👍

Whaaa? OK, never heard of tirerack.com, so I'll be bookmarking that. What was all the talk I've seen around here about $400 - $500 tires??

Goodyear Altimax are: $105 for 225 65 R17 and $169 for 225 55 R19. That's $64/tire, nothing to sneeze at.

Latest posts

Back