WTB Roof Rails 2008 CX 9

mtzoomzoom

:
2008 Mazda CX 9
I am looking for a set of roof side rails for my 2008 CX 9, but all I can seem to find online are running just shy of the $300 mark. Before I shell out that kind of cash, I just wanted to put out some feelers and see if anyone has any they are looking to sell...or perhaps any leads on a more inexpensive outlet for them.

Thanks!

I have no roof rails to sell you, but wonder why you actually need them?

I have made do without rails by using a homemade roof rack out of an old clip-on rack I had and metric bolts. I can install it in minutes and then take it off just as fast. If you slide back the plastic covers, you'll see where the bolts screw in.

For molded cargo carrier use, the rails are the only way to go. IMHO, hitch-mounted cargo shelves are really a better solution than roof options as you're not climbing all over the vehicle, but it's your call.
For bikes, hitch-mounted racks are the only sensible solution as the CX-9 is too high for useful roof racks and you will hurt the car, the bike, or yourself at some point.

Bolt-on hitches can be had online for slightly over $100.

If you really want the rails, check out the salvage yards both online and locally. I have used partmyride.com (now partsmarket.com) to buy a wheel off a wrecked cx-9 and the transaction was painless.

I actually am going to need to put a cargo box up there. I have family visiting from out of the country and we will be fully loaded with 7 people in my car. Since we are planning on a 5 day trip to Glacier, I need somewhere to put the luggage, and the tiny cargo area with the rear seats up just isn't going to do! I appreciate the web page recommendations and will check them out, thank you so much!

I have an extra OEM one. Please send me a PM if you're still looking to get one.

Back