LED turn signals blink as same time, anyone know why?

did you add load resistors ? The car thinks your turn signals are out because the LED draws so little current so the fast blinking is a warning to you that your turn signal bulb is out even though you have an LED light bulb in there, you have to "trick" the car to think you have a regular incandescent bulb in there by wiring in a load resistor..... see link below. wiring is different for different models ie.... with or without Tech lighting package......

https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123856617-Installed-LED-fog-bezel-and-LED-switchback-in-2016-CX-5/page3&highlight=switchback

Last edited:
Is the missing load resistor the reason why they blink together as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Can I purchase bulbs with resistors already installed so I don't have alter the stock harness?

LED turn signals blink at same time, anyone know why?

Can I purchase bulbs with resistors already installed so I don't have alter the stock harness?
Normally a true 1157 compatible LED has "switch-back" dual-color feature. Not sure what do you mean by "LED turn signals blink at same time", are you saying both front left/right turn signals blink at the same time?

Resistor can only stop hyper-flash on turn signals, but not to your problem. I haven't seen any LED replacement light has built-in resister as these resisters are fairly large!That's why people were hoping Mazda changes the turn signals into LED's in 2017 CX-5. But it wasn't happing!

I just purchased single color amber led bulbs, not switchbacks

Yes both my left and right blinkers flash when I turn one or the other one

I just purchased single color amber led bulbs, not switchbacks
Yes both my left and right blinkers flash when I turn one or the other one
Does the base of your LED have two electrical contacts? Did you replaced rear turn signals into LEDs too? What happened if you turn the parking lights on, and added the turn signal with parking lights? The phenomenon you described is very weird and shouldn't be happening. Have you tried to put original 1157NA bulbs back and see if everything is back to normal? If that's the case, I can only say your eBay LEDs are not compatible to CX-5's turn-signal system and you've to try another brand. And you need to get load resisters too if you don't like hyper-flash.

e8e053fb81b4a25338e2e857a1c9e050.jpg

It seems to have both contacts

I put the stock bulbs back in and everything returned to normal. When I turned the parking lights on they worked as expected but I did not test the blinkers with them on. I did not swap out the rear with led. On the ebay bid they are 1157 and when I look over the lsit of conpartable cars mine is on the list. But yes very weird behavior I wonder if I swap the rear too if that will fix it or maybe its best to look into new bulbs. Stupid question @yrwei52 you wrote 1157NA is that different from just 1157? If so whats the differene I do see when I google them some have the NA some dont. Thanks

Thanks yrwel52 you gave me lots of great info and for clearing up the 1157NA question.

I'm leaning toward keeping them amber because I have amber/yellow fog light

I email the seller of them adapters because the listing says they fit 2013 but didn't mention any other years but 2013 2014 should be the same

Last edited:
I found these, that have the resistors build into the wire put one end into the lens and then other into the stock plug and mount the resistors to metal

https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)
The listed eBay 1157 adapter resistor set looks good if you really don't like cutting factory wires like me. The only concern is whether the bulb side of adapter can actually fit into our CX-5's turn-signal/parking light lens slot as they could be different from different car manufactures. Make sure to email the seller verifying this before you order a set.

Your problem should have nothing to do with your rear turn signals.

You should contact your LED seller trying to return them or swap a different brand of LEDs. I strongly suggest you getting a switch-back dual-color 1157 compatible LEDs so that you can get better-looking white parking lights, and more distinctive amber-off-amber-off turn-signal flashing pattern in the night.

1157 is a dual filament incandescent bulb with clear glass, but 1157NA (Natural Amber) has amber color glass.

UPDATE

I messaged the seller waiting to hear back

I put the bulbs back in to test some other things out so when I put one blinker on or the other they both flash but only in the front, rear and side mirror of the side that should not flash dont. When I put the headlights on and a blinker the light doesnt turn on then off like a blinker should the light gets dimmer and then brighter. Even weirder

Random thought could there be a left bulb and a right bulb?

I really just think I got a bad set, hopefully seller agrees returning might not make sense since they were only $6 and shipping might be half that to send back.

Last edited:
Back