Front end clicking/clunking/knocking

AntLaw

:
2003 MP5
I drive a 03 protege5 hatchback and have recently had the control arms replaced, passenger side stabilizer bar, both steering knuckles with bearings pressed in from a salvage. Not entirely sure where to go next but there is a clicking/clunking noise that is coming from the front end when i drive straight, when i turn it stops, it comes and goes but generally is there most times.

When I release the clutch into gear it seems a bit jumpy at times and others its smooth, im not sure where to look next but I hope someone here has some good advice for me. Ive been doing some of the work myself and have had the control arms and one knuckle done by a mechanic. It goes in friday for a wheel alignment if the suspensions good but Im not seeing how they will figure its any good.

Any help/advice would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance and if you need more info let me know!

You may have bad motor mounts, the car may also need strut mounts. Hard to diagnose from your description. The sway bar bushings also should be replaced.

Turned out to be a shotty control arm installation, wasnt mounted properly and the bolt stripped and it was bouncing around

Thanks for letting us know. I would've never suspected that.

Back