How does Auto Hold work?

Mazda has hill launch assist but I am unsure if it has the opposite version to prevent it from going down a hill (scratch)

That should work in both directions depending on if you are in drive or reverse.

I do like auto hold. Kinda wish my GTI had it.

�������������������� Some sort of adware attack with out-of-space language we can't read ⋯ (boom07)

One other thing about auto hold. If you have it engaged, the car automatically leaves the e-brake on when you finish driving.

Sorry.......yeah, misread the info on it. I saw in the manual that it's disabled on a flat surface, I didn't see the part where it says it's disabled on a flat surface....if you're in reverse.

No problem my dood! I got a chuckle out of it. Hahaha. ;)

Usually I dread my very occasional commutes to downtown Chicago from out in the 'burbs, but I'm almost looking forward to the next time.

With my old car, it was not uncommon for my driving leg to start cramping up and getting very tired/sore before the end of the commute, leaving me to massage it and/or switch to my left leg for working the brake pedal while my right foot worked the gas. All as the result of the nearly constant brake/gas/brake/gas stop-and-go traffic sequences. crazy.

Between auto-hold and city braking, I should be in traffic jam heaven (as much as a traffic jam can be equated to heaven!).

Back