I am getting air suspension.

ZoomZoomRider

:
2017 Mazda CX-9
I've had my 2017 GT AWD for nearly a month. I did read a lot about its ride quality before I decided to get this car. But it seems the ride quality, no matter how well this car is rated compared to others and my city's roads are still so crap, nothing can help it. I drive in Toronto and in North York (Ontario, Canada) mostly. You feel the pot holes and bumps every 2 seconds. It's frustrating. I love the car, the quality, the style, design most of it but the ride! Arghh. Maybe also I want more sound deadening later but I want to make the car rides like a limo.

Anyone else feeling similarly?

I came from sedans with cheap struts (Toyota OEM - 20K then they are shot, Honda which has more road feel and noise), so to me the CX-9 rides smooth comparatively.
I guess it's personal preference. I used to like "the mush", until I realized it made the driving dynamic poor / not as fun to drive.

I've had my 2017 GT AWD for nearly a month. I did read a lot about its ride quality before I decided to get this car. But it seems the ride quality, no matter how well this car is rated compared to others and my city's roads are still so crap, nothing can help it. I drive in Toronto and in North York (Ontario, Canada) mostly. You feel the pot holes and bumps every 2 seconds. It's frustrating. I love the car, the quality, the style, design most of it but the ride! Arghh. Maybe also I want more sound deadening later but I want to make the car rides like a limo.

Anyone else feeling similarly?
(hand)

It sounds as if you might be confusing the terms "smooth ride" with "great handling"?

Did you get a chance to test drive it before you bought?

Maybe change wheels to 17" or 18" rims and that will give you higher sidewall tires? like a 255/65/17 or 255/60/18, giving you an addition of between 1 inch for the 18" tires or 1.5 inches more sidewall height for the 17"

Did you check your tire pressures yet?

(peep)

Last edited:
Back