Front end clicking/clunking/knocking

AntLaw

:
2003 MP5
I drive a 03 protege5 hatchback and have recently had the control arms replaced, passenger side stabilizer bar, both steering knuckles with bearings pressed in from a salvage. Not entirely sure where to go next but there is a clicking/clunking noise that is coming from the front end when i drive straight, when i turn it stops, it comes and goes but generally is there most times.

When I release the clutch into gear it seems a bit jumpy at times and others its smooth, im not sure where to look next but I hope someone here has some good advice for me. Ive been doing some of the work myself and have had the control arms and one knuckle done by a mechanic. It goes in friday for a wheel alignment if the suspensions good but Im not seeing how they will figure its any good.

Any help/advice would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance and if you need more info let me know!

I drive a 03 protege5 hatchback and have recently had the control arms replaced, passenger side stabilizer bar, both steering knuckles with bearings pressed in from a salvage. Not entirely sure where to go next but there is a clicking/clunking noise that is coming from the front end when i drive straight, when i turn it stops, it comes and goes but generally is there most times.!

Check the nut at the top of your struts. They probably worked themselves loose.

Back