2017 Mazda CX-9 Glossy pillar trim!

JTN

:
CX-9 Sinature
Hello all.
I'am new to the forum. Does anyone have experience with removing scratches & scuff mark from the glossy black pillar trim. Does anyone know what's the material? is it colored plastic? or vinyl tape?
Thank you in advance.

Last edited:
I've buffed mine pretty aggressively with a Flex 3401 and Wolfgang Uber Compound followed by their Finishing Glaze, and it definitely helped but they still aren't perfect. They were really bad when I got it though. It's some kind of hard plastic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for your input.
Much appreciated.
Do you or anyone know what is the material? is it painted plastic? vinyl?
If it's painted plastic i might try the PS21 paint work cleaner and see if i can remove scratches before i will try you Flex-3401 solution.

Thank you for your input.
Much appreciated.
Do you or anyone know what is the material? is it painted plastic? vinyl?
If it's painted plastic i might try the PS21 paint work cleaner and see if i can remove scratches before i will try you Flex-3401 solution.

It's like any other glossy plastic trim found in most vehicles...acrylic would be the material composition

I find the pillar trim to be poorly resistant to scratches. There are so many swirl marks on mine. When I compare the finish to my 4 year old GLK350, my Merc hardly has any swirls

It's basically a sticker. They are not expensive to buy but you really need to go to a window tint place and have someone experienced with those kind of installs do it. When my 2010 Speed3 was repainted, I asked for the window frames and B pillar to be replaced. My invoice showed $ for the appliqu.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back