Soul Red Crystal or Machine Grey

Biers

:
Mazda Cx-5
I'm currently considering the new cx-5 but can't decide between the new colors. How does both look like in the sun, overcast/shade and rainy/gloomy weather? Which one retains dust more/has more visible dust(ing) when travelling unpaved roads?

Sent from my F3216 using Tapatalk

Have a look in the 2017 pics thread. Both colours shown there

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Both look great but I personally prefer MG simply because it's a newer color offered by Mazda, while SR (if not SRC) has been around since 2012 and have appeared on every brochure. Also under gloomy weather I suspect matte black looks better than matte red, but I could be wrong.

Both look great but I personally prefer MG simply because it's a newer color offered by Mazda, while SR (if not SRC) has been around since 2012 and have appeared on every brochure. Also under gloomy weather I suspect matte black looks better than matte red, but I could be wrong.

Plus I suspect machine gun grey will hide dirt and grime better than soul red

It's a shame the roads are saturated with white/grey/silver/black vehicles here in the UK. Red and blue are probably equal in number, in reality, but looking down a line of traffic at the larger ratio of desaturated vehicles is a bit sad.

I also like both...but I’ve never owned a red car...and my GF prefers red....and red is sort of Mazda’s zoom-zoom signature color...and every other car on the road seems to be some variant of machine grey....and IMHO and its the most beautiful red that I’ve ever seen....and I just turned 50.......so I opted for the SOUL RED CRYSTAL :)

I love both of these colours by my mate who has a paint shop reckons that it is virtually impossible to match them if you are unlucky enough to need a repair. He says he lost money the last time he tried to paint Soul Red and it has been modified again since then.

I love both of these colours by my mate who has a paint shop reckons that it is virtually impossible to match them if you are unlucky enough to need a repair. He says he lost money the last time he tried to paint Soul Red and it has been modified again since then.

Yeah....I thought about that...but I am going to hope for the best. I imagine the more sophisticated body shops will eventually get it right!

It's a shame the roads are saturated with white/grey/silver/black vehicles here in the UK. Red and blue are probably equal in number, in reality, but looking down a line of traffic at the larger ratio of desaturated vehicles is a bit sad.

Pretty much the same here in the North East of the US - pretty sure white, black and gray are the most purchased colors based on observation and what I've read.

I drove down the CT-15 yesterday which was crawling and it was easy to see a SRC CX-5 2017 about 20 cars behind me as it just pops in the sun. Plus I was wearing polarized sunglasses which definitely accentuates that color.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Soul Red Crystal on the 2017 model totally different to the previous gen Soul Red. It has some fancy 3 layer coating of some sort so the colour is richer under light as well as in the dark. Deeper saturation on the new Soul Red. My pick would be Machine Grey due to personal preference. Soul Red stands out more though.

until you run into Mr. Bean's mini, a very special green, perhaps Soul Green is what they call it. :)

A coworker has a CX-9 in Machine Grey. It was striking when brand new and all waxed & polished up. After a couple of months the initial shine had worn off, and along with it went the depth and uniqueness of the finish. If you're into detailing and keeping up the finish, then I'm sure it will continue to impress. But otherwise it will look like every other metallic grey finish on the road.

Obviously, the Soul Red will dull up too, but it will still be a unique shade of red. There are lots of grey CUVs and SUVs around here, but very few red ones.

The grey should hide dust better than the red.

Pick the one with the light colored upholstery.

That’s exactly the opposite of what I did. I exclusively wear blue jeans and was afraid of color transfer. It seems like most of the SRC in my area have parchment interior. I got black...

A grey will generally his the road from but if I had had the option for that red when I bought my 16.5 I may have gone with it.. just saw one on a transport the other day and all I so thing was "damn that's sexy"

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

They are hyping up the Soul Red but should also do the same to the Machine Grey!

Plus I suspect machine gun grey will hide dirt and grime better than soul red

You're right, I've had many gray vehicles, and just got tired of how muted and unattractive the color is. Therefore, I abandoned the 'low maintenace' color logic and went with what I really liked.

*Purely subjective*

You're right, I've had many gray vehicles, and just got tired of how muted and unattractive the color is. Therefore, I abandoned the 'low maintenace' color logic and went with what I really liked.

*Purely subjective*

Agreed. It is subjective.

I am the opposite. I prefer colours that are "low maintenance". So if I had to choose between the 2, I would choose the grey

Plus I was wearing polarized sunglasses which definitely accentuates that color.

Do you have the HUD? And can you see it with the polarized sunglasses? I've heard you can't see it so well. Just curious about your experience.

Back