vs Rogue?

Yeah it wasn't fun but felt capable- motor seemed plenty up to the task.. I guess being larger I'm a little more accepting of numbness..only reason I drove was I was already there for Sportage and figured I'd gather info for wife..felt substantial unlike the Sportage but she likes her Highlander. That said I think I can get her into a 9er without too much convincing:) Infiniti products mentioned will get worse mileage..21/28 in Sorrento for a 290hp V6 is nothing to sneeze at being a larger vehicle also..except that's not for the V6! Didn't realize they offered it w/4 banger..nevermind then- V6 = 18/25...

new XC60 coming if you want to blow some more $..looks nice though

Last edited:
The Q50 replaced the G35/G37 in Infiniti's lineup. I had a 2016 Rogue for a week while my Q50 was in the body shop. It wasn't terrible, but the weird vibrations at certain rpms was alarming. The flat bottom steering wheel in the 2017 model year is cool. My only issue with Nissan and especially Infiniti is that they don't hold their value worth a damn. In the three years I've had my Q50, it's lost over 55% of its value and the difference between market value and my lease buyout is like $8K. I have no regrets, but I probably won't spend the money on another luxury car unless it is a Lexus.

Actually, I would highly recommend test driving a Rogue. It is something you almost have to do to understand the CX-5.

Kia Niro? 50 mpg combined- overstated vs real world I'm sure but..I'd at least test it out if mileage was one of your primary concerns and acceleration wasn't..or if you can wait a few months more...and do what I'll probably do (although I won't be an early adopter):

https://www.mazdausa.com/vehicles/2017-cx-5-diesel

Last edited:
The G37 coexisted alongside the Q50 through '14 model year and then for '15 they renamed it the Q40.

I agree.. the Q50 is no G series Infiniti. I've driven a '14 Q50 and it is no G series Infiniti. Lots of tech in the Q50 but not fun to drive. Actually... looking at your signature.. that was the same exact trim of vehicle I drove & hybrid as well.

EDIT.. as for resale... KBB is often low and still shows me around 30% of what I paid for my G 10 years ago. I did hear the Q50s has been dismal though. Not many good reviews either.

You are right Kedis82ZE8, they did keep on the G37 as the Q40 for a bit. Yeah I had more fun in my 2013 VW Golf R before I traded it in for the Infiniti. But I gave up on that one after the rear differential had to be replaced for the third time. I didn't want to deal with the stress of: Is my car going to fall apart on me today? My Q50S Hybrid can basically drive itself with all the tech in it and its fun to drive in its own special way. Not as enjoyable to drive as the 2017 CX-5, just different in that you have 360hp and go 80mph in EV mode for short stretches. I will miss the power, but I'm so ready to move on from it though. The twitchy hybrid brakes just make me want to wrap the damn thing around a tree or steal a tank and use it for target practice. You barely touch the brake pedal and occasionally they bite to hard and give you whip lash.

My Q50S Hybrid can basically drive itself with all the tech in it

I had one as a loaner when torque converter was being replaced in my G35x... with some apprehension and hands close to the wheel I let the loaner Q50S Hybrid drive me into work on the freeway leg to my job one morning. I will admit it was a cool experience since I haven't driven a vehicle with those capabilities. My old G has radar cruise but we know that is no substitute.

Kedis - 2010-2012 for fx35. 2013 for fx37. Under 60k miles. Fx37 would simply be a stretch for more up to date tech and more HP. Would be weird going back to a car without Bluetooth streaming music capability.

One big case of suck would be 19 mpg and premium fuel. My fuel cost would go up about 70%. But that's not a total deal breaker, especially if I could get a lifetime power train warranty included.

FX series was the original biotic cheetah so design language is similar as I find most cars fugly. CX5 has better looking center stack. Much cleaner design. I don't know. Just too many little quirks and what not with my CX5.

Last edited:
The Q50 replaced the G35/G37 in Infiniti's lineup. I had a 2016 Rogue for a week while my Q50 was in the body shop. It wasn't terrible, but the weird vibrations at certain rpms was alarming. The flat bottom steering wheel in the 2017 model year is cool. My only issue with Nissan and especially Infiniti is that they don't hold their value worth a damn. In the three years I've had my Q50, it's lost over 55% of its value and the difference between market value and my lease buyout is like $8K. I have no regrets, but I probably won't spend the money on another luxury car unless it is a Lexus.

Your lease buyout is high bc your payments are so low. Don't blame Infinit for giving you such an inexpensive monthly lease. They are notorious for offering low monthly payments so that people like you can lease a $35k car for 400/month, and then resell it used once it's turned in.

Rogue is certainly a solid alternative. There was also a similar thread a few months ago where the potential buyer ended up choosing the Rogue.

If you want a more comfortable ride, with a better interior and features, choose the Rogue.

Interesting discussions re: Nissan.
I have a 2006 Altima 2.5 SL, and a 2002 Pathfinder Chilkoot edition (Canada).
Last good Pathfinder was in 2004. They redesigned the Pathy in 2005.
I can also tell you that 2006 was probably the last year that Nissan built a decent car.
Sentra, Altima, Maxima all got redesigned in 2007. That was the beginning of the CVT era, and the cost cutting measures. Crap cars since then.
I would not buy or drive a current Nissan.
Friend of mine had a Rogue for 3 weeks while her Acura RDX was in the shop (another nasty experience).
After 3 weeks, she was ready to burn it. She hated it. I drove in it a few times, and was not impressed.
Having said all this, my Altima is ready to be replaced, and I am seriously looking at a CX5 (that's why I'm on here).
My Pathfinder has been with me it's whole life, and I have always liked that truck.
Unfortunately, it is on it's last wheels, as rust is tearing it apart.
It's a shame really. The design and engineering in that generation Pathfinder (1996-2004) is excellent.

I just can't trust Nissan's CVT.

TBH and possibly biased...and not new but only Nissan's I'd touch for my own use these days are the QX80 and '17 Armada since they are a close match to my GX. Although they are still arguably not as off-road worthy in North American incarnation as my GX. I am aware that approach/departure angle deteriorated with '14+ GX as well.

TBH and possibly biased...and not new but only Nissan's I'd touch for my own use these days are the QX80 and '17 Armada since they are a close match to my GX. Although they are still arguably not as off-road worthy in North American incarnation as my GX. I am aware that approach/departure angle deteriorated with '14+ GX as well.

My 370Z was a nice car, it just handled poorly and wasn't very durable (brakes warped super easy. Change tires? Might as well buy new rotors, because the shop warped them for sure, even the GTR cert. techs warped them).

IMO... those are really safe years for the FX on engine and that vehicle has been on market so long it should make for an extremely reliable ride. I always put premium in my G but more than likely no ill effects with lower grades if you wanted to.

Kedis - 2010-2012 for fx35. 2013 for fx37. Under 60k miles. Fx37 would simply be a stretch for more up to date tech and more HP. Would be weird going back to a car without Bluetooth streaming music capability.

One big case of suck would be 19 mpg and premium fuel. My fuel cost would go up about 70%. But that's not a total deal breaker, especially if I could get a lifetime power train warranty included.

FX series was the original biotic cheetah so design language is similar as I find most cars fugly. CX5 has better looking center stack. Much cleaner design. I don't know. Just too many little quirks and what not with my CX5.

I've had two xtrails from 2004 to 2013, with next to little problems, compared both the cx-5,s has been the most troublesome jap cars I've ever owned.

Sorento compared is a awful car to drive in my opinion, but both xtrails were manual, the CVT in the uk isnt popular, and we still sell more manuals that auto.
Only reason I drive a cx-5 is its got more power in the uk than the xtrail.

Even the new xtrail 177ps recently brought out still only has 280 pound feet of torque, so still not a contender IMO.
But if you want a more comfortable reliable in manual for, along with more space and more reliability then buy the xtrail.

Build quality wise i found them the same.

Xtrailman:

We never had Xtrail here in US but it looks like Canada had it for the '05-'07 model years.

I assume both versions you had were made in Japan? I could have seen myself drawn to the model that was available to you in your market at the time.

I was referring to the '03-'07 generation that looked liked this.

1024px-2006_Nissan_X-Trail_%28T30_II%29_Ti-L_wagon_%282015-06-18%29_01.jpg

Back