Hello from new CX-5 owner in SF Bay Area!

niksta

:
2017 CX-5 GT Premium
Hi everyone,

Thank you all for your contributions to this forum. The passion here for Mazda vehicles and the CX-5 in particular pushed me toward checking out the CX-5 and ultimately purchasing one last week. I picked up a 2017 Machine Grey CX-5 GT AWD with the premium package. It is, in one word, AMAZING. My previous car (which I still have, for now), is a 2014 Audi S4, and although the S4 packs a much heavier punch, the Mazda is so well rounded that I don't miss the S4 at all.

Question for you all - has anyone noticed any driver-side side-view mirror vibration around/above 75 mph?

Thanks, all. I look forward to contributing to this forum and getting to know you!

Question for you all - has anyone noticed any driver-side side-view mirror vibration around/above 75 mph?

Thanks, all. I look forward to contributing to this forum and getting to know you!
Heard that one before. But i believe it was 16.5 - give the car 2 weeks then take it to dealer if it still exists.

They didn't correct this with the 2017? Mine does it and its pathetic. Of course, the passenger side mirror is nice and tight.

If not, this is another fail for the upmarket move.

(sad2)

Congrats! Perfect, car and color :)

As Kaps said that's not normal and take it to the dealer if it keeps happening.

Thanks, all. A few days after picking her up, I opened the driver-side door wide and heard a metallic clang sound, almost like a weld had busted. I wonder if this could be related. I didn't think much of it at the time since I figured the door hinge was just activated in a way that it hadn't been, and released stress somewhere along the hinge/door arms. I'll pop into the dealership in a bit to get it checked out. It's a minor annoyance and the annoyance of having to drop by the dealership is about even for the time being.

They didn't correct this with the 2017? Mine does it and its pathetic. Of course, the passenger side mirror is nice and tight.

If not, this is another fail for the upmarket move.

(sad2)

My 2014 does. Surprised it's still an issue.

Did you take yours to the dealer to have it fixed? Being 'normal' doesn't mean you should live with it.

Nope. Mainly because I am sick and tired of going back to my dealer with problems.... such as:

1. Milky LED Headlights. Took several trips to the dealer, but I finally got them replaced. (Big $$ item so worth the hassle)
2. Problems shifting out of Park. Dealer replaced a module/sensor or whatnot, but it hasn't solved the problem. Dealer now can't "replicate" what I experience daily. Grrrrr. I have no expectations my tranny will last a long time.
3. Suspension creeks when turning the steering wheel and traversing an incline. Dealer can't replicate despite there being a TSB.
4. Brakes are squealing at 20k miles. Dealer says they're already 1/2 gone, and that my squealing is normal. BS.
5. Rattles in the Dash, Overhead, and rear. Haven't attempted to have them rectified.
6. Recall for fuel filler pipe. Completed.
7. Recall for air bags. Completed.
8. Recall for rear struts - waiting for the parts
9. Front windows rattle when lowered 1-2 inches. Saw the TSB, am sick of going back to the dealer.
10. Driver side mirror vibrates at most speeds. Haven't bothered having them look due to other priorities and sick of going back to the dealer.
11. One or two other things I can't think of at the moment.

Last time I was there I got the "weren't you just here?" from the service desk.

I'm trying my hardest to like my CX5, but luck isn't on my side this time around. Doubt I'll keep it past warranty despite buying it with the intentions of 10+ years.

Last edited:
They 'fixed' mine..is it better- yeah slightly is it still occurring/annoying yep. Does it diminish my overall admiration for the vehicle as whole- nope..character flaw- noted/accepted/hope its fixed (for reals) on my next one.

I dropped my CX-5 off at the dealership this AM for the mirror vibration issue. Also, I notice that my active cruise control system clickity clacks during stop & go traffic, but figure this is normal and it doesn't really bother me. I'll keep you all posted on the mirror issue.

I can't say I've noticed that, but dealing with a 25 to 60 MPH low volume, higher frequency noise that I notice when radio is off, HVAC is off.

Going to dealer tomorrow, but will check the mirror before I go.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Nope. Mainly because I am sick and tired of going back to my dealer with problems.... such as:

1. Milky LED Headlights. Took several trips to the dealer, but I finally got them replaced. (Big $$ item so worth the hassle)
2. Problems shifting out of Park. Dealer replaced a module/sensor or whatnot, but it hasn't solved the problem. Dealer now can't "replicate" what I experience daily. Grrrrr. I have no expectations my tranny will last a long time.
3. Suspension creeks when turning the steering wheel and traversing an incline. Dealer can't replicate despite there being a TSB.
4. Brakes are squealing at 20k miles. Dealer says they're already 1/2 gone, and that my squealing is normal. BS.
5. Rattles in the Dash, Overhead, and rear. Haven't attempted to have them rectified.
6. Recall for fuel filler pipe. Completed.
7. Recall for air bags. Completed.
8. Recall for rear struts - waiting for the parts
9. Front windows rattle when lowered 1-2 inches. Saw the TSB, am sick of going back to the dealer.
10. Driver side mirror vibrates at most speeds. Haven't bothered having them look due to other priorities and sick of going back to the dealer.
11. One or two other things I can't think of at the moment.

Last time I was there I got the "weren't you just here?" from the service desk.

I'm trying my hardest to like my CX5, but luck isn't on my side this time around. Doubt I'll keep it past warranty despite buying it with the intentions of 10+ years.

Same. Doubt it would be covered now that I'm at 47k miles. I've just gotten used to the rattles.

I have a rattle in my dash, right above the instrument cluster, that is making me crazy. First trip to the dealership they said they couldn't replicate it, but looked for loose parts in the dash and there were none (I call BS, but whatever.) It only resonates at low speeds and a certain frequency the engine hits and on rougher roads - which unfortunately occurs on the three mile long road between my house and the freeway. I can replicate it daily.

Last edited:
Back