How does it sound ? BOSE in the GT

LUVINMYMAZDA

:
2017 CX 5 GT w/ Premium
My lease is up in 6 weeks and I have decided that my new vehicle will be a 2017 CX 5 GT w/ premium package, including the advertised specially designed BOSE system. For those of you whom have the 2017 w/ the BOSE what is your real world feed back? I have had a BMW X1 w/ the BOSE system and currently have a BMW 4 series coupe with it and the 4 series sounds much richer and cleaner. My assumption is that it sounds better in the 4 series due to better vehicle insulation and sound deadening...........

Thanks for any feedback

My lease is up in 6 weeks and I have decided that my new vehicle will be a 2017 CX 5 GT w/ premium package, including the advertised specially designed BOSE system. For those of you whom have the 2017 w/ the BOSE what is your real world feed back? I have had a BMW X1 w/ the BOSE system and currently have a BMW 4 series coupe with it and the 4 series sounds much richer and cleaner. My assumption is that it sounds better in the 4 series due to better vehicle insulation and sound deadening...........

Thanks for any feedback

Bose? Isn't it H&K in the 4 series?

I think the Bose system in the 2016 CX-5 is pretty much on par with my M4. The 2017 is improved; with the new placement of the tweeters and the subwoofer, I'm not sure I will feel like the CX-5 is inferior in this department.

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk

For 2017 CX-5 GT, Bose system has improved drastically on speaker side with newly added tweeters on A-pillars and subwoofer in spare tire area. These alone should greatly improve the deficiency of previous-gen Bose system which lacks high notes and bass!

I think it's awesome...but this is my first ever Bose Premium sound system in a vehicle so I have nothing to compare it to...

For 2017 CX-5 GT, Bose system has improved drastically on speaker side with newly added tweeters on A-pillars and subwoofer in spare tire area. These alone should greatly improve the deficiency of previous-gen Bose system which lacks high notes and bass!
❓❗❓❗️ Lacks bass? No high notes? I swear I think some people are driving a different car then me sometimes... 😋

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

System in my 2016 GT is great, however it does need tweaking in the settings to sound its best. I would imagine the 2017 is even better given the changes, but I couldn't get past the styling changes enough to test drive one.

❓❗❓❗️ Lacks bass? No high notes? I swear I think some people are driving a different car then me sometimes... 😋
A sound system with no tweeters and woofer or sub-woofer but all mid-range paper-cone speakers, how do you produce good and flat full frequency response from 20 hz to 20,000 hz? Some member here has posted frequency response graph before from 1st-gen CX-5 Bose, it looked awful! No wonder he kept calling it "Blose"!

Do you have a CX-5? I heard plenty of bass this morning. I maxed it...and it was TOO MUCH. You probably have better ears then me but to me? More then enough!

Last edited:
HK in my x1 and its pretty awesome, can be a little boomy on low end but once dialed in its great..cx5 def not awful but just can't compare..only a brief test of new one..better than my 14 but again can't compare but really how could you expect it to...hk was 875 stand alone on the x1 cpl years ago...bose, a sunroof, pwr tail, nav, homelink mirror for $780 (on touring)..is an absolute steal, just a shame they're not letting ppl combine both pkgs.

HK in my x1 and its pretty awesome, can be a little boomy on low end but once dialed in its great..cx5 def not awful but just can't compare..only a brief test of new one..better than my 14 but again can't compare but really how could you expect it to...hk was 875 stand alone on the x1 cpl years ago...bose, a sunroof, pwr tail, nav, homelink mirror for $780 (on touring)..is an absolute steal, just a shame they're not letting ppl combine both pkgs.
Yeah that $780 Touring Preferred Equipment Package including Auto-dimming Rearview Mirror with HomeLink、Automatic On/off Headlights、Rain-sensing Variable-intermittent Windshield Wipers、Bose 10-Speaker Audio Sound System with Centerpoint2 and AudioPilot2、Mazda Navigation System、Power Sliding-glass Moonroof with One-touch Open Feature and Interior Sunshade、Power Rear Liftgate is an absolute steal! For those who want better Bose, 2017 CX-5 definitely is the one to get than 2016.5's!

My 228 Had HK sound system (Was a $875 option) The Bose in my 2016 CX-5 sounds better

Pretty shocked at that..2 subs vs 0, separate amp eh sound tastes are pretty subjective but you can customize hk way more than bose

I'm not very impressed with the BOSE system in the 2016, for reasons mentioned by yrwei52, but it certainly varies by genre. To be honest, I think the cheapo system in our 2015 CRV EX is superior.

Have you tweaked the settings at all?

Yes some, but probably not enough. The lack of tweeters is an obvious difference to me. Even turning off centerpoint I feel it pushes too much into the center speaker, and I don't want to have to force it to one side to get around that.

Yes some, but probably not enough. The lack of tweeters is an obvious difference to me. Even turning off centerpoint I feel it pushes too much into the center speaker, and I don't want to have to force it to one side to get around that.
Mazda6 has similar Bose system but has 11 speakers including 2 tweeters in dash. According to one member here who inquired Bose engineer and was told Mazda eliminated 2 dash tweeters on CX-5 to save some pennies even though they were recommended by Bose! Although the location on those dash tweeters in Mazda6 is questionable, but tweeters are important for high notes. Fortunately Mazda has added tweeters at better A-pillar location on new 2017 CX-5 Bose, although I still believe the best front tweeter location is on the front door near the base of A pillar like Honda CR-V and many others do. And new sub-woofer is a very nice improvement to the bass too!

Pretty shocked at that..2 subs vs 0, separate amp eh sound tastes are pretty subjective but you can customize hk way more than bose

Not in a 2014 228. In fact BMW agreed to refund $350 to early 228 owners (me) because they published misleading specs on the hk system that came in the 2014 2 series. The cx-5 really does sound better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mazda6 has similar Bose system but has 11 speakers including 2 tweeters in dash. According to one member here who inquired Bose engineer and was told Mazda eliminated 2 dash tweeters on CX-5 to save some pennies even though they were recommended by Bose! Although the location on those dash tweeters in Mazda6 is questionable, but tweeters are important for high notes. Fortunately Mazda has added tweeters at better A-pillar location on new 2017 CX-5 Bose, although I still believe the best front tweeter location is on the front door near the base of A pillar like Honda CR-V and many others do. And new sub-woofer is a very nice improvement to the bass too!

Currently we have a CX-5 gen1 with Bose and current Mazda6 with Bose (but with an aftermarket mono amp powering a 12-inch ported Sub in the trunk).

Only difference is the Mazda6 has those 2 tweeters to produce better highs and of course my bass in the trunk. These are two elements added to the 17 CX-5 Bose model. I think a lot of people would be satisfied with it. I mean the new tweeters are already silk dome. The new woofer will help fill the cabin with lows.

I think it sounds great for an OEM rig. I've got the bass and treble maxed like an amateur, and the sound is surprisingly non-fatiguing like that (it almost seems as though they tuned the system with the expectation that people would automatically boost those controls). The bass from the spare tire sub is nice and tight. Tweeters clear and not overpowering. Decent mid-range, but could be better (probably my fault for maxing the lows and highs).

Back