missing features

:
2017 mazda cx-5 grand touring Premium package Soul Red Crystal
Bought my 2017 Grand Touring with Premium Package two weeks ago. This is my first Mazda and I'm still in the honeymoon stage. With that being said, there are some odd missing features and features that should be on a base model that aren't. What all have you found missing in your new or existing car that you feel should be available in base trims or in buy-up trims?

Not in base:
rear vents. Really? why is this an upgrade?

Missing outright:
fully lit door switches (window control in particular)
no option to close the center dash vents
no light in glovebox
missing dead pedal cover

Agree both points on vents. Dark switches don't bother me at all. You don't need to see those. Haven't had a lit glove box in years. I don't keep enough there to need one. I've never had a dead pedal cover either.

No tailgate open button in the 1st gen is lame and inconvenient.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Agree both points on vents. Dark switches don't bother me at all. You don't need to see those. Haven't had a lit glove box in years. I don't keep enough there to need one. I've never had a dead pedal cover either.

No tailgate open button in the 1st gen is lame and inconvenient.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

My one experience with a vehicle with a lit glove box was the hassle of a dead battery when the switch wore out and it was stuck on - but you could only tell at night when there was a slight glow around the edge. Problem solved by removing the lamp.

Bought my 2017 Grand Touring with Premium Package two weeks ago. This is my first Mazda and I'm still in the honeymoon stage. With that being said, there are some odd missing features and features that should be on a base model that aren't. What all have you found missing in your new or existing car that you feel should be available in base trims or in buy-up trims?

Not in base:

So they get you to spend more money to go to the next spec up

Missing outright:
fully lit door switches (window control in particular)
no light in glovebox
missing dead pedal cover

Fully lit door switches - to differentiate with countries that have auto up and down on all power windows

No option to close center dash vents - that is strange. Looks like it maybe market specfic? The one below seems to have them:

image.jpg

No light in glovebox - not much of an issue for me considering it's not that big anyway to hold lots of stuff

You don't need lighted window switches... You put you hand there and just touch the one you want. Lit window switches would train you to take you eyes off the road.

Only thing I would like off that list is the center vent on/off dials.

Only thing I would add to your list would be a CD player.

My MK7 GTI I traded in for the CX-5 had all auto up/down windows, I really miss that feature. Unlit window switches would be nice in terms of overall look, but I don't look down when I use the switches so it doesn't really matter to me.

I have found that the seating position in this car makes it so I don't need a dead pedal. Its more of an upright position, as opposed to my RX-7 where you are basically sitting on the floorpan with your feet in front of you. In the RX-7 the dead pedal is very nice.

My MK7 GTI I traded in for the CX-5 had all auto up/down windows, I really miss that feature. Unlit window switches would be nice in terms of overall look, but I don't look down when I use the switches so it doesn't really matter to me.

Country specific features is the reason for not having auto up/down on all power windows.

Just like we don't get rear heated seats or steering wheel but you guys do.

Country specific features is the reason for not having auto up/down on all power windows.
Then why Mazda6 offers all of these missing features in the US? It has nothing to do with country specific but has everything to do with cost cutting! (whistle)

Then why Mazda6 offers all of these missing features in the US? It has nothing to do with country specific but has everything to do with cost cutting! (whistle)

Yes, the 2017 Mazda6 rental I had while my car was in getting some detail work had the lit window buttons and the dash vents with the option to stop airflow.

Yes, the 2017 Mazda6 rental I had while my car was in getting some detail work had the lit window buttons and the dash vents with the option to stop airflow.
US Mazda6 has rear AC vents、one-touch open/close power window on all windows with illuminated switches、open/close dial control on center dash vents、glove compartment light、dead pedal cover - everything you listed missing on CX-5, and more ⋯ (such as LED interior lights and footwell courtesy lights.)

Not in base:

Missing outright:
fully lit door switches (window control in particular) <-- my pet peeve
no light in glovebox
missing dead pedal cover

Can't comment about the 2017 since I STILL don't have it. Last Friday they said 2-3 days. There are several in the color I want in the area. I also selected the Premium Pkg. Glove box definitely demands an LED.

Thinking about this a bit more, its more a combination of penny pinching and country specific specs.

Previous CX-5 only auto up and down on drivers window. Now on all windows.

Also - on top spec Akera, we get side camera where as you guys don't.

Think country Mazda HQ has to negotiate with Mazda Japan HQ re specs for each type of car (3,6, CX-5 etc) combined with the selling price of the prospective model.

Just like we don't get rear heated seats or steering wheel but you guys do.

Our 2010 Camry Hybrid (U.S. built) has all auto up/down and illuminated buttons. Even our '92 Camry LE had all buttons/switches illuminated but no auto up or down.

Our 2010 Camry Hybrid (U.S. built) has all auto up/down and illuminated buttons. Even our '92 Camry LE had all buttons/switches illuminated but no auto up or down.

If you sold a car to pipe without steering he would not notice if it has lighted switches lol

Hmm... it's the bean counters that are causing all these issues! (lol)

All this makes me wish for trim levels above the Grand Touring that has all the features that I want. I believe there is an accessory to add a cover to the dead pedal area, but it is odd that there isn't something there besides carpet. The lack of a 360 camera system and an integrated remote start already in the key fob are the two features most on my wish list. The Nissan Rouge SL has these features for $35K USD. I'd gladly pay $36-37K for a CX-5 with all these missing features included. Hell I'd pay $40K to have one with the CX-9 engine in it, which would still be $8-10K cheaper than a Lexus NX (etc.) with similar features and performance.

Maybe when the next model arrives, all these things including turbo engine, 360 degree camera etc will be part of the range.

Back