Engine Harness and Starter Issues

Now I am having the battery light turn on the cluster. I researched across the forums that it could either be a bad voltage regulator, which in our cars is inside the ECU, or bad alternator. When I crank the car the interior lights brighten compared than running power from the battery.

Could an open circuit be caused from the fact I need to splice the AC and PS connectors to the harness?

I notice the RPMs fluctuate when the car is put in either R or N and that it doesn't idle like the other P5. The 2003 idles at 2000 then gradually comes down to 1500 on cold start. This car idles at 1500 on cold start.

I cleaned the EGR when I took the intake manifold off with brake cleaner but did not remove the IAC from the throttle body. I did clean the throttle body as well.

https://youtu.be/-fk-Q_ztnxc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
The airbag light is on due to disconnected side air bag seats I believe. The battery light turns on before I rev the engine. It is an intermittent issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check your voltage right at the battery terminals while your battery light is on.

I watched your video again and finally saw the battery light.. (after finally figuring out how to make my phone go full screen)...

The battery light will come on if the voltage is too high or too low. (or perhaps if the ECU thinks something else is wrong ??)

Check the connection of the control wire going to the alternator.

If something is wrong it's way more likely to be the alternator itself and not the ECU.

Idle is controlled by the ECU until it reaches a certain temperature, then control is sent over to the IAC..

If your car idles weird after warmup, you might wanna clean your IAC.

Remember, the car needs to relearn how to idle the car after the battery is disconnected... It takes about 100 miles. (idling in the driveway might not count)

My car, for some reason shot up to 2,500 RPM at startup about two weeks ago,... Two different times...
Now it's back to normal ???

Our car have a tendency to be haunted, with a lot of Gremlins running amuck...

Last edited:
Back