MSP Catalytic converter on P5?

dorkidori_s13

:
2003 Mazda Protege5
Will a Mazdaspeed Protege catalytic converter bolt up to a Protege5? If so, would this eliminate the fouling of the secondary O2 sensor after installing an aftermarket header seeing as it mounts between the cats? I know the secondary O2 hole in the header would need to plugged to accommodate this.

Just curious is all...

Last edited:
well thats currently the plan... just saw a MSP cat for $50 + shipping. thought id ask since i couldnt turn up any search results on the matter

Well the thing is, the secondary O2 is supposed to be located post primary cat, hence why you have to run the anti fouler trick when you install aftermarket headers in an N/A FSDE. The MSP locates the secondary O2 post primary cat in the actual cat piping as the turbo occupies the area where the primary cat would be. My thought is if you run aftermarket headers with a MSP cat pipe, you wouldnt need to run the anti fouler trick as the O2 would still sit behind the primary cat via the MSP cat pipe... Make sense?

So again, would the MSP cat pipe FIT on an N/A P5?

The MSP mid pipe will fit, you will need a harness extender from an MSP. I would just run the non-fouler. Cheaper, easier and will make more power than running stock cats. It also doesn't throw a CEL, been catless with my MSPs the past few years and haven't had any issues.

Trust me I thought the same thing. Was going to do that as well but went with non fouler. Only hassle is drilling one non fouler out, but super simple.

Back