Nav system CX-5 help! I'm getting crazy!!

alby72

:
CX-5
dear all,
first of all greets from the NL to the entire board!(drinks)

i have a serious problem with my navigation system and I hope someone can shed some light in here! I'm using an official Mazda SD card which was given to me when I bought my new car ( CX5 -2016). my navigation system, with European maps, has always been working fine till I decided a couple of months ago to update my maps via de Mazda connect tool. here is my problem:
after a few minutes navigation ( don't ask me how it is possible ) I'm getting a grey screen and my navigation , to a selected destination, stops immediately without no reason. All details related to a the Netherlands maps are wiped out. I've noticed that I can correctly see my location ( with the blue arrow) so GPS signal is really strong and it seems working fine. then, i go check all maps installed ( via the normal settings menu) and believe it or not ONLY the map of the Netherlands has disappeared from the entire maps list. ALL other European maps are correctly displayed ( and usable) in the list. this has already happened 3/4 times to me and it is really really annoying, I simply can't leave home and not being sure that I will reach my final destination. just FYI, I've tried already to re format the card and I even tried to buy an extra back up SD card but today it happens again leaving me on the highway without any direction to follow. I have also tried several times to remove the card, restart my card but when it happens it's simply not able to load any Netherlands map. I would appreciate appreciate your help here
thanks a lot in advance
greets
Alberto

Welcome to the forum Alberto!

Sorry I don't have any great advice but if this was one of the free map updates since purchasing your vehicle then Mazda should be able to help you out - either through the dealership or by phone.

My nav was recently reset for some reason after my last oil change and set to USA - i couldn't search anything until I told it I was in Ontario. Not sure if that will help you or not as we only have 2 Country choices for North America maps.

Try using the back up to restore the maps, and set up a spare card by doing the same thing.
Assuming you did back up to the toolbox.

thanks to both for your replies
I've got in touch with the MAzda support and they've asked me to send my toolbox userid, my toolbox log file ( which I couldn't find it anywhere on my drive) and a copy of my license folder on the SD card
will keep you posted on the outcome
thanks
cheers
Alberto
p.s.@ xtrailman: I've also tried to restore from back up in the toolbox but with no luck

Back