Bose system

Wahoofrank

:
Buying a M6 touring with tech package
Is the Bose system they put in the 17' M6 with the sunroof package any good. Does it sound much better than the base stereo system? Thanks

Just got my '17 Grand Touring this weekend, and so far the sound system is adequate but nothing to get too excited about.
Maybe it's because I'm still learning the electronics and haven't had time to really crank it up and enjoy it yet. Maybe it's because the sound system only has Bass & Treble controls not EQ.
Maybe I need to break it in (is this a thing?).

Regards.

Yes speakers will generally sound better with burn in, esp larger speakers

I have a 2015, can't imagine too much difference but the stock Bose pretty much has no low end. I leave Bass middle and the Treble I crank up about 4 notches. Half way up from middle. I added a subwoofer on about 600rms to my system (easy to do for our cars) and it sounds good enough for me. I can play loud and clear. Usually go up to about 50 on the volume at max.

Just got my '17 Grand Touring this weekend, and so far the sound system is adequate but nothing to get too excited about.
Maybe it's because I'm still learning the electronics and haven't had time to really crank it up and enjoy it yet. Maybe it's because the sound system only has Bass & Treble controls not EQ.
Maybe I need to break it in (is this a thing?).

Regards.

So yesterday I took some time and played a few types of music really loud. This sound system is great. Especially for rock. It's punchy and very clear.
I'm not sure if I prefer the Bose Centerpoint on or off yet.
Rock is muscular. Funk is rubbery. Reggae vibrates my seat nicely. Acoustic is crystal clear. It could use a little more bottom end, though.
Bluetooth through my phone was good, but coming in hardwired through the AUX was significantly louder and clearer. What was taking volume up to about 40 on BT was only needing 30 - so I could get a lot more sound.

As far as burn-in, is there a recommended routine to do that effectively? A particular type of music, radio static, songs with "burn" in the title? Thanks!

in the cars just play music, you don't want to listen to pink noise lol

Yeah add a subwoofer and you will have that low end grunt, its worth it and its easy to do

I have a Kicker 12" Sub and Kicker 200W Amp I was going to install with the Bose system but found the system in stock form does a great job.

Some have complained that it breaks up at high volume but if the settings are adjusted right it's clear even cranked up to full. I've run the volume on MAX several times and it sounds amazing.

I'll add these items to my sons Jetta instead.

I have a '16 Touring with the tech package which has the bose, and I really like the sound. I also added 2 '10 JBLs to help with the base, which complement the sound really well. Don't expect to win any awards with the stock system, but in my opinion it is really great, clear sound even when close to the max volume.

Note that I did have to take the car in to get one of the stock subs replaced, the on in the passenger side front door. Have not had any issues since.

I have a Kicker 12" Sub and Kicker 200W Amp I was going to install with the Bose system but found the system in stock form does a great job.

Some have complained that it breaks up at high volume but if the settings are adjusted right it's clear even cranked up to full. I've run the volume on MAX several times and it sounds amazing.

I'll add these items to my sons Jetta instead.

Jeez, idk what max even is. I never take it past 50 b/c thats a loud enough volume and what i used as basis for my amp gain

Back