Pandora working? Maybe..? Or just luck?

:
2016.5 Mazda CX 5 Grand Touring W/ Tech PKG
This past weekend I updated my pandora app on the iPhone, and decided to update maps along with the latest gracenote too.. Since then I've had the best luck with Pandora since I bought the CX5. Ive been able to play pandora via Bluetooth for an hour with out dropping out...

I start the car, open the pandora app while the infotainment system runs through it warnings; once ready, I choose music and then pandora as the source. iPhone asks if it's okay to connect, and it's playing and showing all the album art.

coincidence, sure could be, but maybe pandora fixed something in the latest app update.. ( to help with the Mazda rumored update and CarPlay & Android auto..?..) Maybe...?. Hopefully...

OR; it will stop working tomorrow since I wrote this today...LOL.....

Last edited:
If I was listening to Pandora when I shut the car off, when I come back the next day and start the car up, whatever Pandora station I was listening to starts back up automatically. This is on a '17.

If I am listening to Sirius/XM when I shut the car off, when I start the car again, I would need to switch back to Pandora with the commander knob, but again it would hook up through bluetooth automatically as I am backing out of the garage and start playing and show the album art. I don't have to do anything on my phone.

Is this different than it used to be?

On my 2016.5 GT. It never worked longer then two, or three songs then it would loose the connection, it would not find pandora. If I played pandora just from the iPhone only using its speaker it would not drop off at all. So it's always been something with the infotainment system.

Maybe the new infotainment system has updated software? I've only had it about 3 weeks, but no problems with Pandora and my iphone 6 at all.

About two months ago I installed latest revision to Pandora app on my Iphone 6S (and I always have latest IOS rev on my Iphone) since that all has worked perfectly, I mean perfectly. My Pandora report tells me I stream several hundred songs a month and not once in that past two months have I dropped a connection. Pandora starts up perfectly runs perfectly . Not sure if the issues I had with Pandora for the first 14 months I owned the car were Pandoras fault or Apples fault but whatever it was its fixed. 2016 CX-5 GT with tech package

I had a problem once in a while that the car cannot start the Pandora app on my LG G2 phone automatically (I blocked Pandora from starting as a background service on my phone's startup), I just had to start Pandora on the phone myself. Once connected, it has always been stable, and like bigtex, it automatically comes back to the station that I was on. Even like and dislike works. I don't have the latest firmware, currently on NA_55.00.760A as I have a few tweaks in there, too lazy to re-apply them if I update.

I've got the 2016.5 with tech too, and as of today, it just would not connect at all.. ugh, well it was good while it lasted.. lol...

I've got the NA_55.00 as well..

Latest iPhone iOS and newest pandora update.... :(.

this sounds crazy........ but worked for me : open the sunroof cover, not the glass window just the felt cover inside

increased my weak a$$ Virgin Mobile signal strength by 2 bars and Pandora stopped skipping and connectivity issues went away.

Android 7 + Pandora = no issues at all.

I haven't used it in a few weeks, though. Could be broken now. LOL

Got it finally work for be, with a workaround; I have to restart my iPhone 6 before I try to connect to the Pandora and I have to touch the iPhone screen when it asked for my permission to allow Pandora to connect to my phone. It used to just be in my pocket, now it's in the spot next to the E-brake switch.

However it gets behind on the info now.. it will display the song information just fine until a commercial ( I use the fee app) then the song/artist info lags behind by one song until I restart it all..

Example: the police will have just finished a song, it will play an add/commercial then the next song is by The Rolling Stones and the display is still showing "The Police" last song info still, then the next song by "Cold Play" will show info for "The Rolling Stones".... and so on.....

Mine does same. When it lags behind on info just push left hand button on console, (one with music note) and it will update info. Pandora working pretty well now

Back