New Mazdas + Google Pixel compatibility?

JewelsVerne

:
2017 Mazda6 Grand Touring
Hi guys,

I really really need a new phone and have been eyeing the Google Pixel, but a lot of the internet is telling me that Pixels are having bluetooth issues and/or don't seem to be compatible with some cars' infotainment systems. Does anyone here have a Pixel paired with a 2016 or 2017 Mazda? Have you had any issues with voice recognition, making phone calls, phone book imports, connectivity, or listening to music?

Thanks!

Hi guys,

I really really need a new phone and have been eyeing the Google Pixel, but a lot of the internet is telling me that Pixels are having bluetooth issues and/or don't seem to be compatible with some cars' infotainment systems. Does anyone here have a Pixel paired with a 2016 or 2017 Mazda? Have you had any issues with voice recognition, making phone calls, phone book imports, connectivity, or listening to music?

Thanks!

In general this sounds like your talking about a Google issue with their phone.. It is my understanding voice recognition is by Mazda's software on the infotainment system, not from the phone. I have heard issues of the Pixel having some BT issues, but hopefully Google can fix with a software update.

google has been pretty good about pushing updates to their Pixel phones so I wouldn't worry too much about that long term.
but as Chris pointed out, I would think the voice commands are done through mazda's software and exclusive of your BT connection at the time.

google has been pretty good about pushing updates to their Pixel phones so I wouldn't worry too much about that long term.
but as Chris pointed out, I would think the voice commands are done through mazda's software and exclusive of your BT connection at the time.

I guess my concern was the car not recognizing the phone (or vice versa), or not importing contacts correctly, and then not being able to use voice commands to make phone calls. The Pixel issues people are having seem to vary, but yes, most seems to be related to BT connection. I'm just hoping there's someone out there who can confirm Google has fixed whatever the issue was before I invest in the phone. I don't want to have to manually reconnect my phone every time or something weird like that. Or just have it not work with my Mazda at all.

Back