16.5 CX-5 GT w/ Tech Questions

chrisutpg

:
2016.5 GT CX-5
Hey everyone just took the plunge on a 16.5 CX-5 GT with the Tech Package. I had a 15' Mazda 6 before this, and my wife has a 16.5 CX-5 Sport. I just wanted to see if there is anything I should know about the GT model, little quriks, or features that aren't so obvious? Want to make sure I get the most out of the car and any insight is much appreciated. Thanks for any help!

Hi.

1- check your tire pressure. Owners have reported varying PSI upon pickup.

2- your Navi card is probably in with your owners manual.

3- since you live in NJ, you might find the auto-sensing wipers useless during snow in the winter. I turned the system off myself, and just use standard intermittent wipers.

That's all I can think of at the moment. You'll love the Adaptive LED headlights.

Hey everyone just took the plunge on a 16.5 CX-5 GT with the Tech Package. I had a 15' Mazda 6 before this, and my wife has a 16.5 CX-5 Sport. I just wanted to see if there is anything I should know about the GT model, little quriks, or features that aren't so obvious? Want to make sure I get the most out of the car and any insight is much appreciated. Thanks for any help!

You need to go look at Personalizations or something in user manual basically little features like
Your door locks when you move or it locks when the shifter is in D
Auto lock when the key is out of range

Also you can set your maintenance to oil quality - this tells you when its time to change. Folks have seen it suggest 10-12k miles between changes, i would personally never go beyond 8K miles living in a big city which is windy / dusty etc.
Another thing is try to see if your dealer can give you Mazda moly oil - it seems better than castrol or other alternatives. There is a service bulletin to remove the chrome trim around A/C vents - you may need it in summer.

Thanks. Interesting enough, after leaving the dealer I noticed there was no owners manual so I'll have to call them. I did like the auto-sensing wipers in the rain yesterday but I loved the Adaptive LED's last night. Never realized how much bright those LED's are. It will help at night for sure. Thanks for the tips!

You need to go look at Personalizations or something in user manual basically little features like
Your door locks when you move or it locks when the shifter is in D
Auto lock when the key is out of range

Also you can set your maintenance to oil quality - this tells you when its time to change. Folks have seen it suggest 10-12k miles between changes, i would personally never go beyond 8K miles living in a big city which is windy / dusty etc.
Another thing is try to see if your dealer can give you Mazda moly oil - it seems better than castrol or other alternatives. There is a service bulletin to remove the chrome trim around A/C vents - you may need it in summer.

Interesting.. Any idea why the trim needs to get removed?

Interesting.. Any idea why the trim needs to get removed?

It reflects onto your front windows. Therefore you can see it when you glance at your side mirrors. I don't notice it anymore myself. But there will be other times when the sun hits any of the chrome bits on the steering wheel, dash vents, shifter surround and you'll get obnoxious glare. I wish there wasn't any chrome inside... but alas fashion over function.

Yeah first thing is to go to your Maintenance App and set your oil change to Flexible with ignition on without engine running. Flexible maintenance interval for oil change can go up to 12 months or 10,000 miles instead of fixed OCI at 6 months or 7,500 miles whichever comes first. Make sure to use Mazda moly oil to have more accurate calculation.

Back