OEM all-weather mats vs. Weather Tech

Laurel

:
2016.5 CX-5 Touring
Bought a 2016.5 CX-5 Touring this weekend, and the dealer included the all weather floor mats b/c we had a disagreement on price (long story). I was planning on buying the Weather Tech mats and cargo liner anyway, but now I want to wait and see how the OEM all-weather floor mats are.

All things being equal, if you had the Mazda all-weather floor mats, would you keep them? Or replace them with the Weather Techs, and assuming you didn't have the Cargo mat, would you order the OEM one (around $70) or the Weather Tech one, that's more expensive?

I have the OEM mazda mats since new and there are ok, but to do it again I'd get something that is wider and has taller sides to minimize the dirt spilling over. Between the two, I'd opt for the rear cargo tray (that's the rear rubber mat with the deep pockets on each side) way ahead of the mats.It's been great and it cost around 70$ at the dealer.If it was me I'd see if I could trade the mats for the cargo tray and go aftermarket on the mats. Just my .02. Jmaz

Back