Portable Car Wash Kit (Budget Build)

ruckus430

:
Mazda 2 Sport 2012
I live in an apartment complex without easy access to a hose and I didnt want to gather up all my rags and sponges and drive down to the local self wash.
I was looking for a unit that has a hose and water storage all in one for convenience. I found the Caraid 9906 priced at about 116 bux that had sufficient water storage but upon further research had a weak pump, I also found the Ivation or Pureclean versions that had bad reviews on amazon along with minimal water storage.

So I decided to build my own with the standard 12v water pumps sold on amazon or ebay that spray water at 130 psi sold for roughly 30 bux on ebay or amazon which plugs into the car cigarette lighter and they have a decent amount of pressure compared to the complete kits. Here is the exact one I got from amazon although there are many on amazon and ebay that are similarhttps://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

I then bought a rolling tool box for 30 bux also that could be used to house the pump and hose when not in use and the bottom portion could be used to store water. I then mounted the pump into the inside of the top section and routed the hose to keep from getting pinched. I will later be buying a 12v rechargeable battery that I can use to power the pump instead of the car cigarette lighter. Here are some pics.

ee3c4081f2.jpg
ee3c6d242d.jpg
ee3c4488fd.jpg
ee3c5d9e82.jpg
ee3c5132a0.jpg
ee3c587f0f.jpg

Washed all four wheels and still had 1/3 of the container left filled with water, I'm not sure the amount of water it can hold but I would probably have to make another trip to the water source for a refill to do the whole car. Trying to make washes convenient to motivate me to take care of my paint and wheels which I have neglected for a while.

Last edited:
Back