So I'm turning in the '16 CX-5 tomnorrow...😞

boandlkramer

US Specs in Europe
:
'17 CX-5 GT AWD; '18 BMW X3
So here's my tribute collage of her, surrounded by history (Shipment, Old Hangar, Zeppelin Field in Nuremburg, Old German Villiage - 1600s)
Mazda_Shipped.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1453814104.188243.jpgView attachment 216398ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447526954.671420.jpg13102656_487567108106545_734606684404649918_n.jpg
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Now I have to wait for this to arrive....45 days from CO to Bavaria Germany....

f6f47af4a9460708030bb85c84daae3b (1).jpg
attachment.php

45 days will fly by! Then you will get to enjoy the new 2017 CX-5 GT :)

I note the front rim has plastic over them and not the back one

45 days will fly by! Then you will get to enjoy the new 2017 CX-5 GT :)

I note the front rim has plastic over them and not the back one

I'm expecting that it is dealer prepped before they released it, although I asked them to leave all the protective plastic on the interior. I asked about the vinyl on the exyerior and after some discussion, about removal and cleaning, I elected to have them remove all of the exterior protective film.

I'm expecting that it is dealer prepped before they released it, although I asked them to leave all the protective plastic on the interior. I asked about the vinyl on the exyerior and after some discussion, about removal and cleaning, I elected to have them remove all of the exterior protective film.

Better for them to removal all the external stuff as they know the correct processes.

Any accessories you have selected for this new vehicle?

Better for them to removal all the external stuff as they know the correct processes.

Agreed

Any accessories you have selected for this new vehicle?

I'd like roof rails eventually, but it's not a priority. Otherwise I don't plan on any. It's the wife's car so unless she asks, I'm not greatly focused on that.

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk

Agreed

I'd like roof rails eventually, but it's not a priority. Otherwise I don't plan on any. It's the wife's car so unless she asks, I'm not greatly focused on that.

Fair enough

My '15 GT is going back this week. They told me my '17 GT will be here by then. Similar color to my blue reflex mica.

photo.php

How much did you get for turning in the 16?

I wasn't really concerned with bargaining, I sold it for what I had left on the loan out of convenience. Sold it to a dealer because people are so flakey and I didn't want to deal with all that.

Very cool comparison. You've done a great job recreating the same view / perspective. Looks better with the shiny red car in it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks! I'd like to try this more at other sites

I would have them leave the protective film if I was you. It's simple to peel off and if possible do it at the dealership. Ask to use one of their bays with good lighting that way you can inspect the paint right away and if there is a problem bring it to their attention and not have them try to Fix/hide and issue.

I would have them leave the protective film if I was you. It's simple to peel off and if possible do it at the dealership. Ask to use one of their bays with good lighting that way you can inspect the paint right away and if there is a problem bring it to their attention and not have them try to Fix/hide and issue.

I'm at the mercy of insurance once the shipper took control of it. The dealership is out of the "chain of custody" once that happened.

I specifically asked my dealership to leave the plastics on and they ignored it. They did the predelivery inspections then sent it to the carwash guy to "clean" it. He scratched the hell out of my brand new 600 dollar additional cost paint job. I strongly advise any customer that cares about scratches to never let the dealership wash the car after service.

Small sample of what they did in one wash. I'm 15 hours in to a full paint correction before I can install a full front bra on the car.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0209.JPG
    IMG_0209.JPG
    424.3 KB · Views: 324
I have to say, Dustin at Bob Penkhus Mazda in Colorado Springs goes the extra mile, he even put a silicone dehumidifier in my car, for shipment.

This is my third CX-5 I've purchased from him.

e1e57081d6498096bc9a60d5c7544c24.jpg

I have to say, Dustin at Bob Penkhus Mazda in Colorado Springs goes the extra mile, he even put a silicone dehumidifier in my car, for shipment.

This is my third CX-5 I've purchased from him.

-snip-

Well since Mazda of Lakewood shut down and the new owners McDonald won't honor any of their deals (free oil changes, etc.) I may just have to make the commute down to the Springs when I want to buy my next Mazda.

Back